Saturday, February 5, 2011

[Investigation File] Detective Academy Q manga


My most favourite manga of all time. No matter how many times I read it, I still feel so motivated by how Q faces life within and outside of his detective work. If I can say a fictional character is my idoru, that'll be Q... a kid much more alive than the real people I have around me.

I've just finished re-reading all the 22 malay-translated volumes I collected a few years ago, despite having a stack of other still unread manga volumes languishing on my shelves. I wonder what sort of life the japanese mangaka face that they can come up with so many stories that inspire and, at the same time, entertain readers from all walks of life from all over the world. Maybe it's because of that magical place they're living in... Nihonland.

Despite knowing the storyline, I still cried and felt the same emotions I felt when I read it the first time. Will I ever be able to write something this good one day? This time I want to write down the things I 'learnt' from the story. One day, when I re-read it for the 3rd time... will I learn something new?
  1. Raja Hades boleh berfikir untuk bermula semula walaupun umurnya dah sangat tua. Q class semuanya muda-muda belaka tapi mereka yg tumpaskan musuh utama En. Dan sedangkan pembantu-pembantu En. Dan yg pro pun tak dapat selesaikan kes-kes yg dirancang oleh Pluto. Umur memang tak sepatutnya dijadikan sebab untuk mengehadkan pencapaian kendiri
  2. Tak boleh sekali-kali berputus-asa, tapi mesti juga tahu bila tiba masa untuk undur diri. Undur diri bukan setiap masa bermaksud kalah
  3. Walaupun dikelilingi oleh organisasi yang hebat dan sahabat yang berbakat, akan tiba beberapa masa dalam hidup perlu membuat keputusan sendiri dan bergantung kepada keupayaan diri sendiri. Tidak boleh sentiasa bergantung kepada manusia lain 
  4. Takut sampai menggigil tapi maju ke hadapan tetap dalam jalan yang telah kita pilih sendiri dan menyelesaikan apa pun masalah yang timbul, itulah keberanian yang sebenar
  5. Walaupun kurang berbakat... walaupun menjadi diri sendiri yang mungkin cuai, suka bergurau, dan kurang berdisiplin tapi walaupun bersifat begini, tanggungjawab yang telah diamanahkan kepada kita mesti dilaksanakan menurut kemampuan sendiri dengan bersungguh-sungguh sehingga selesai
  6. Jangan sekali-kali memandang rendah masalah atau kesusahan yang dihadapi oleh orang lain, walau macamana sempurna pun dia di mata kita (macam Ryu dan Ukon) kita tetap juga perlu bersungguh-sungguh mendengar dan menjadi sahabatnya pada susah dan senang
  7. Walaupun impian kita boleh menjadi bahan gurauan orang lain (macam Q yg nak masuk sekolah detektif padahal keputusan akademik sekolahnya rendah), tetap kena percaya kepada impian sendiri dan teruskan usaha. Bila kita dah berjaya nanti, impian kita tu takkan digelakkan lagi. Oleh sebab tu juga, jangan gelakkan impian orang lain walau betapa tak logik pun bunyinya
  8. Lebih berbakat bermakna kena lebih berusaha untuk menonjolkan bakat supaya dapat mencapai impian (macam Kazuma). Selepas berjaya sekali, mesti nak berjaya beberapa kali, lepas tu mesti nak berjaya setiap masa. Ini lah sifat tidak mahu kalah yang mesti dimiliki
  9. Walaupun dah mencapai kejayaan tahap gaban sekalipun, masih ada lagi kejayaan tahap yang lebih gaban untuk dicapai. Analogi panjat gunung boleh digunakan... dah panjat Gunung Kinabalu, ada lagi Gunung Everest. Jadi jangan melengah-lengahkan usaha. Masa yang berlalu takkan kembali lagi
Even though the malay-translated version I have is complete and can be found in one of my favourite manga shops and can be mail-ordered too, the english-translated online version is still ongoing:


Since I've collected all the 27 volumes of the malay-translated Kindaichi Case Files and several other later Kindaichi volumes as well, I consider myself a fan of Seimaru Amagi sensei's works. But only today I went on the net to know more about him and I found something so shocking that I nearly fell off my chair. He wrote another story I'm interested in under a different pen name. This one:


He also wrote Psychometrist Eiji and GetBackers, the two manga I'm collecting. Is this a coincidence?? I don't believe in coincidences though. I believe that you will always be able to find the things, or people, you're looking for... if you look hard enough. Ma ii ka. I know now that I have to hunt down the rest of sensei's works. Maybe one day if I search hard enough, I'll even be able to meet him face-to-face.... errr, and get his autograph... :P

Other works by sensei I found online are below...


Disclaimer: Please buy his original works. This list is only to introduce you to some of his works so that you'll be interested enough to go and buy them later:
The ones in the wiki list that I couldn't find online (so anyone who have found them, could you please please give me the links in the comment section? Thanks!):
  • Tokyo Eighties
  • Snow Dolphin
  • Gakkou no kowai uwasa
  • Asobotto Senki Gokū 
  • Psycho Doctor
  • Psycho Doctor Kai Kyousuke
I found sensei' profile page.... HERE and HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment