Thursday, November 5, 2009

Devdas Series: Forgetting Paro I

I drown myself in the bliss of ignorance
Generously poured into a glass
Overflowing as the love in my heart for her
Those eyes its amber surface
Tempting me to remember what I seek to forget

My days are spent worshipping my memories of her
A mere image of those lips
While the nights are passed in unrepressed need
For her touch on my skin
So obliterate me that I may no longer feel

Lift this oppressing silence so I will forget
The jewel I lost to another
Warm my feverish heart with your cool ardor
I will laugh until I cry again
And speed this union of our souls in eternity

O liquid of fire, I beg you to consume me
This humble husk of a man
Engulf me in your flame so that I'll cease to be
A shadow of my former self
This world will not mourn the passing of a lover

No comments:

Post a Comment