Sunday, November 29, 2009

Speech in INDIA GATE

Am I the only one who have goosebumps watching this?

If I had not known who SRK and the Prime Minister of India are and someone were to point out this guy while he's delivering this speech to me and tell me that here's the newly appointed Prime Minister of India who replaced Manmohan Singh in the 2009 election, I would have believed it.

You know how we say 'the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts'? With Shah Rukh, even his individual parts are great. I read many articles where people ask "Who's the real Shah Rukh Khan?". My attitude towards him is thus: Shah Rukh is whoever he is at the moment he is whoever he is. I accept whatever he wants to throw at me, coz each piece of him is blindingly brilliant.

I have no idea what he's saying in the hindi part of this clip, and I have a feeling that I won't agree with a lot of things that he's saying about Islam.. but that doesn't take away the fact that he's so convinced with his truth, it makes my conviction in my truth pales in comparison. Were I to have 1/1000 of his belief in the rightness in which he lives his life in the rightness of how I live mine, I'd be a better person than I am now.. I think.

I've always found it weird how people try to make him into an ambassador of Islam. You don't search for ambassadors of your religion in the cinema halls, dudes. But then this is also a country in which temples are erected in worship of Shah Rukh and pooja are carried out to pray for his health and well being..so out of respect for an unknown world and culture, I hold my silence on this issue. Shah Rukh is who he is because of everything he has gone through, so who am I to complain about things I understand nothing about?

Love you Shah Rukh, and take care!



Another version:


PS: On another note, OMG..someone actually went and typed the speech he delivered in the India Today Conclave, how dedicated is that? (LINK)

No comments:

Post a Comment