Friday, August 28, 2009

It's a wonderful, wonderful video!

I've just spent two nights in a row finishing up my Special Edition Pride & Prejudice 1995 drama, and I'm telling you ..ohhh! I don't regret this purchase at all.

What I really love about it is the 'scene selection' option. I dare say that all DVDs ought to have this option installed. I can just go from one favourite scene to the next with ease. I'm well on my way to memorizing entire dialogues off some of them :P

Every time I watch Pride & Prejudice 1995 (the DVD made it my 3rd viewing), I keep wondering to myself what IS it about Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy that hooks me so much to him. He's not conventionally a good-looker even though he was absolutely beautiful when he was young.. hmm, youth. But when he's being Mr. Darcy, he's just well.. he's just sooo Mr. Darcy!

I've been watching quite a lot of his movies off the youtube, and I absolutely love how he assails his characters however varied they may be. When he's being that particular role in that particular setting in that particular story, you know that no one else can be that particular guy but Colin Firth. I dunno how to explain it.

I'm running out of words here, so maybe I should just shut up and go watch the other movie I bought.. "Where the Truth Lies". Hmm, that's one movie I can't watch with my family scampering around the house. I shall have to wait until I have the house to myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment