Friday, August 7, 2009

MNIK PROMO IS STARTING!!

...and that too even before the filming schedule is completed. Karan Johar and Shah Rukh are trying to accomplish something unusual with this film and I think whatever that is, they're on their way to succeeding. I'm both mega excited and extremely nervous about the film. I want so much to like it that I worry about what if it turns out to be a film I can't obsess over, or what if Shah Rukh's new avatar/character turns out to be someone I can't adore.

But Surinder Sahni, and even the Raj Kapoor character, make me continue to hope for Rizwan Khan to be someone I can be wide-eyed with awe about. After RNBDJ, I think (I hope!) Shah Rukh is going to do unusual roles from now on. Even if all his movies will be love stories, I hope we'll have no more of those 'running around trees while singing and dancing' sequences from him. Give those stuff to someone else, please. I want to see Shah Rukh does character roles from now on. In commercially viable, potential blockbuster movies of course. None of them artsy fartsy stuff. Is that a tall order? I love giving tall orders, taking them is another matter altogether :P

You can watch all the press conference videos of MNIK here at SRK the DON blog. The blogmaster's lined it up pretty nicely, so enjoy~

P/S: I have updated this link with recent posts. Go here to view them.

No comments:

Post a Comment