Monday, August 3, 2009

Well, I hope you guys are satisfied now...

I never thought there'll come a time when Shah Rukh will answer a question with a "No comment" but after all the media-created bruhaha over the misprint of that interview... with muslims that side of the ocean eager to show how they love the Prophet so much by burning Shah Rukh's effigy, declaring him an apostate, annulling his marriage (and effectively illegitimating his beloved children), planning 'peaceful' demonstrations and whatnot... it's bound to happen sooner or later. And the interview that I read today clearly shows that it's sooner rather than later.

I love the way he meanders all over the question just to arrive at the "No comment" conclusion though (hehe). I do miss his outspokenness, but I think he's become too big for the media to handle these past years that they'll never allow him to be 'just a normal guy' from now on. It's sad, but that's life, I guess. I accept it, but that doesn't mean I'm not peeved. I'm more than peeved, I'm pissed off like hell that his brilliance is publicly muted this way. But I did find myself getting annoyed at the interviewer's insistence for his comments on the issue, so maybe this "No comment" policy is a good thing after all.

O well... he has too many things on his plate that I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever he's gonna dish in the future and won't be complaining too much on his absence. I do miss him quite a bit in-between films. The waiting period sucks so much. I wish him health so he'll never have to take time off recuperating from whatever ilness or injury anymore... that way he can be his workaholic self and I get to see him in action more often YEAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment