Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just mumbling...

I stumbled upon this post and I found the 'Personal Analysis' part quite a fun read, so I'm pasting it here.

One thing I always want to say to his fans whenever I read some comments in some forums or blogs, but I never do coz I like to mind my own business when I'm on the web, is that... you can believe Shah Rukh to be whatever person you want him to be, just that don't be disappointed when he's not what you think he is, that's all.

My interest in Shah Rukh is purely virtual, and I can't imagine that one day I'd be face-to-face with the guy. I can't imagine screaming when I see him exiting some hotel. I can't imagine looking him in the eye and asking him questions or even saying 'hello'. I'm so reserved and shy that were I to be at the location shoot with a paper and pen in my hand, I'd likely ask a friend to go and get that autograph from him. I'm hopeless with celebrities and strangers, unless it's for asking directions. And even then, it's because I'm too lazy to find my way around by myself coz I know I'll get lost for sure (me and map don't like each other very much).

I enjoy Shah Rukh in his movies, and while he's doing things he loves doing. I enjoy his interviews like I've never enjoyed anyone else's. I enjoy the thoughts that he disperses to all and sundry in his biographies and speeches. And I'd like to continue enjoying his presence without judging him for what he is and what he is not, for as long as I can. Forasmuch as he appreciates his fans and knows in his heart that each fan he has (which inludes me) is one of the faces in the huge, gargantuan crowd that supports him, I'll be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment