Thursday, June 18, 2009

uh oh... here we go again~

Have they even read the interview that contains the supposedly outraging religious sentiments? Here, I'm pasting it in my blog for your benefit:

According to you who is the most impressive figure in history?
There are lots of them, some negative ones like Hitler, then Napoleon,Winston Churchill and if I can call it history, then Prophet Mohammed and from recent time — Nelson Mandela. And there are the nice ones like Gandhiji and Mother Teresa.

This reminds me of his interview when he supposedly told Gavaskar to buy his own team, hmmm. IMO, to look at the reply above from Shah Rukh's POV, it has to be divided thus:


  • Impressive leaders of nations - Hitler (negative); Napoleon and Winston Churchill (positive)
  • Impressive historical figures in general - Prophet Mohammed (long ago), Nelson Mandela (recent)
  • Historical figures who were not involved directly in determining the politics of their countries but are impressive because of their peaceful approach towards the people - Gandhiji, Mother Teresa
See, it makes sense now, doesn't it? The problem with Shah Rukh is his brain works faster than his tongue and most of us have to read what he says several times before we can understand what he was getting at. I mean, seriously... I didn't hear anything about French and British national groups registering complaints on Shah Rukh for allegedly grouping their previous leaders with Hitler, did you?

Now they're registering complaints againts SRK. I was so blah about it, I registered to Hindustan Times just to give this comment:

I find muslim religious groups in India incomprehensible. First, they threw flamming bottles at his house over some song lyrics they haven't even heard. Now they're registering complaints over a statement that I'm sure they haven't even bothered to read. Because if they've read it as I have, they'll find there's nothing 'outraging' about it. I should know because I'm a practicing muslim who pray 5 times a day and I'm not outraged. SRK gave a sensible answer to a question, and I have no idea how it suddenly became an “outraging religious sentiments”. I'd like to suggest to these publicity-hungry outfits, to find out first what in the world they're registering complaints about before embarrassing themselves infront of the whole world. Coz anything to do with SRK always finds itself in the front pages of international news.

What Shah Rukh has to say about it:
"Obviously, I think that there is no figure in history more important than Prophet Mohammad. Also being a Muslim and standing up for the tenets of Islam is my most important agenda.... and if they have seen my interviews, etc on TV about Islam, then the people who are objecting, should realise that what has appeared is a writing error not a thought or view that I believe in. Prophet Mohammad is the most important positive figure in Islam... and anyone who questions my view on that, is doing it for just creating a controversy." (Source)


EDIT:

I'm not sure why my blabbering, unimportant post is pasted in a pakistanidefence forum (yeah, I'm tracking your comings and goings) but if you're THAT interested in my puny worthless opinion, these are the follow-ups to it. It's sort of my reply to the comments pasted below and today is the last post I've written on this issue...

This is going to be a long one. Skip it if you don't care...
Well, I hope you guys are satisfied now...

I'm not interested to dissect a movie star on the subject of his faith and religious practices, coz seriously... that's such a ridiculous notion it's not even funny. If you want to have a role model whom you can look up to in terms of his strong adherence to the tenets of Islam, I suggest you turn away from the cinema halls and head towards the mosques/some religious institutions, coz usually that's where guys like that can be found... or else you're running a risk of being laughed off as hypocrites.

Shah Rukh makes his living romancing women on-screen, and to suddenly turn him into an ambassador of Islam is so... I can't even find the word to express my feelings about this bizarre concept. Maybe this sort of concept only finds acceptance in his subcontinent, so who am I to judge? I'm just an outsider who loves Shah Rukh Khan the actor. I know nothing about Shah Rukh Khan the person (what I got from his interviews is still his public persona so I essentially have no clue what he's like in real real life), nor am I so eager to know that I'm willing to stalk him 24-7 just to satisfy my curiosity. But hey, it's your life and you can spend it however you want to.

Signing off with love,

Ami

2 comments:

  1. i have seen shah rukh khans many interviews and from those interviews sharukh khan really seems to love his religion as much as others love there releligion .If you dont belive me than watch his interview on mumbai terror attack you will see that how much he loves the prophet and Islam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked to know that Shah Rukh has been blamed to insult Prophet Mohammad, after all he is a Muslim, and there is no muslim in the world who can talk even think negative about Prophet, Shah Rukh should clarify the matter and also clear his position, he might loss every thing if he does not take an immediate action in this regard.

    We all are just like a passenger in this world, we have to die one day, we should have strong belief in domesday (Akhirat) there is another world after this life.

    We should strictly follow our traditions and culture and religeon, do not disturb others and spread peace in the world.

    ReplyDelete