Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What a LOL

... the 'discussion' is long and in-depth *makes gagging noises*

Of course it doesn't take away the fact that almost everyone who's against or for Shah Rukh's performances has watched ALL of his movies mentioned there! Some even more than once, and they're the ones who complain about him the loudest. Weird much? For people who claim over and over that his performances suck, they sure submit pretty meekly to the 'torture' of watching movie after movie of his.

The problem with these people is, I think, they take the movies they watch too seriously. It's okay for Shah Rukh and all the actors to take their movies seriously coz movies are their rozi roti (bread and butter). But the audience? I mean, you've just spent 3.5 hours of your life in the dark cinema hall. That's 3.5 hours you'll never get back, dudes. So you'd better enjoy it, otherwise I advise you to do other activities more to your taste next time coz you're wasting your life doing something you'll only bitch and whine about later.

I doubt any other Bollywood actor/star will have people spending so much time and energy arguing intelligently like this in so many blogs and websites. Not even their Mr Intellectual. Well, do whatever you must, if you think it could show off how clever *sic* you are. And if you're so intent on self-torture, I'm not gonna stop you from buying those tickets when his movies are releasing. Go buy! Shooo! Shooo! Buy more! And while you're at it, why not bring the rest of your anti-SRK friends and fill up the whole friggin hall!

What Shah Rukh has to say about it:

(Source)
Q: Did Veera-Zara and Swades gave you a chance to be different?
A: I think the difference is in the media's head. I think I'm different in each of my films. To me it seems anyone who says I'm different in Veer-Zara or Swades is only recognizing what I've done in all my films. Those who don't understand cinema or acting would see the difference only when it's in-your-face, as it is in Veer-Zara, where the guy is hundred percent different. The nuances of acting are completely apparent only to the actor. It's very difficult for the outsider to cotton on fully to what an actor does on screen, good or bad. This applies to every profession. I mean I wouldn't really know about the craft of journalism, would I? Though I'm penning my thoughts in a book that would out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment