Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What drives Shah Rukh Khan

Source
Sonia Singh: I mean, 'logo ko kuch kahna hai'. But what drives Shah Rukh Khan? That is an amazing drive you have, you do not give up, you keep going, you keep coming up with something new. What drives you?

Shah Rukh: I think I hurt easy; I get disturbed if I do not win. And that is the general truth. But if I get disturbed, I do not give up. I have this saying which is very greedy and perhaps not nice but I say it to my kids, 'losing is not my option'.

When I say that, I do not say it with vengeance, anger, aggression. I think you need to pick up yourself, dust yourself and sit again I will give it another go. That's what I do every morning. I wake up and I say this is one aspect I would like to win, I would like to win not in a competition but I want to win myself from the last year, from the last expression, from the last work. It is not directed toward x,y,z.

And the second part is I want to end my career as an actor by bringing smile to the maximum number of faces. You know, I am driving in a car, I just come down at the airport and somebody just smiles for no reason, they just smile, they do not know even I am a good guy or not but they just smile. And that is the gift Allah has given me that I can make people smile. So I want a lot of people to smile through the work and because people are giving me so much, I have to return it. So the drive is to get up every morning and say thank you through my work. I need to just get up and the drive is to say thank you. I think it is a positive drive and the negative drive that I want to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment