Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I think the reviewer's obsessed, mate

I found this blog post that talks about a review he/she has read. I just have to quote here the review quoted there coz it has a high LOL factor. I'm greatly amused.

"The nude body of Shahrukh in OSO may also be seen as a visual iconography with sexual meanings, operating in a pleasure economy, and being an icon of “permissiveness”. His performative act in the song “Dard-E-Disco” is principally centred on the male body, symbolising a different erotic genre."

If we're going to get technical, nude or naked means absolutely no clothes, right (..or have I been reading the wrong dictionary)? And SRK still has his pants on, to the annoyance of some millions of his female (and male?) fans.

While on the subject, am I the only one who realised that the only time he showed that 6-8 pack abs is during the song? They (the abs) are absolutely covered right before and after that video. I think I represent a wide section of his fan base when I say I'm greatly peeved that we only get to ogle them for less than 10 minutes. Shah Rukh bhai, you're such a tease.

But reading this quote made me realise that someone has to take on the task of writing exclusively on this different erotic genre thing basing the whole argument on Shah Rukh's (half) naked body in Dard-E-Disco. I would volunteer for that job if only I knew what the hell erotic genre is supposed to mean. Maybe I should do some research on the subject.. ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment