Thursday, February 19, 2009

On some updated news

It’s Coca Cola for SRK's Knight Riders
...the moment I read this, I was laughing soooo much. O man, this guy is so exact in his 'revenge' ..cool. Well, I've alwiz been attracted to this sharp persona of his.Some background on it... SRK has been Pepsico's brand ambassador for more than 10 years and he has always confessed b4 to drinking nothing but Pepsi (not even water).. but now he's not allowed to be so Pepsi-centric by his team of doctors. Pepsico has decided not to renew their association and dropped his contract.. wait for this.. just a day b4 his film was released and a few days b4 the shoulder surgery was to take place. Yep.. on Friday the 13th (who says it's not a creepy combination. All sorts of nasty things happened to him that day ^^;). The reason being that he doesn't fit in with Pepsico's new 'Youngistaan' campaign coz he's TOO OLD! You dun tell SRK he's dropped out of the deal coz he's too old. Idiots.

The company PR said they'd 'do a golden handshake'/'take this relationship to a new phase' sorta deal with the Kolkatta Knight Riders. I nearly fell off my chair when I read that XDD. You told him he's too old for your new campaign, kicked him out of yr more than a decade old partnership while he's in such distressing situations.. and then attempted to grab a deal with his popular cricket team, allegedly the team that made the most money last year (altho they didn't even get to semi-final). What cheek! XD

Anyway, Coca Cola must be in cloud 9 by now. They've got Aamir Khan, the other big Khan of Bollywood AND Shah Rukh Khan's cricket team. Both Khans are in their bags and it's just the beginning of the year! Yare yare yare... some Coke people are getting fat bonuses, for sure.

There is a love story going on between Filmfare and Shah Rukh Khan
...is what the article says. And I concur coz I seriously have lost hope of ever seeing him as the host/co-host of the show in the future after last year's very veeeerrrry crass and cheap jokes he did while monkeying around with Saif. I have never been so entertained in my whole entire life. It took me several attempts to properly watch the 'Nila Nila' sketch from start to finish coz I was laughing so much (tears were pouring from my eyes and the screen got blurry). And when I knew what it's about, I watched it again and laughed equally loudly ..but this time while thinking.. hoshiz, this guy is gonna be murdered by Sanjay XDDD

Despite saying every 2 minutes in the 53rd Filmfare that they'd be banned from hosting or even appearing in the show in the years afterwards, here he is again as the host of 54th Filmfare (2009). And since he has just undergone surgery, they've POSTPONED THE ENTIRE BLEEDING SHOW OMG from Feb 28th to March 7th. What the hell (LOL!). I think if they keep inviting him to host the show, it's invariably clear for all to see that one day, being hurled potshots and insults by SRK from the Filmfare stage will become 'fashionable' ..sorta like being included inside an inner circle or sumthg (coz he only makes vulgar jokes with friends since everyone else has ended up being disturbed by his humour) ..and those ignored will feel as if they're like 'outsiders' to the film fraternity... not that it makes a difference to some people *cough*

He's still nursing his newly-repaired shoulder + entire left arm/side while playing host tho, so I hope the army of the insulted will sympathize with him and not get overmuchly angry. Ek saval (one question).. since RNBDJ vs. Ghajini was such an overhyped and popular theme in 2008 ..as OSO vs. Saawariya was muchly discussed in 2007.. do they think it's wise to let SRK holds the mike for 3 hours?? Oh, I forgot. Aamir doesn't attend award ceremonies. How convenient that he gets to escape all the fun planned for the night. Hmmm.

I dun think he's ever held back his jokes when he wins ..and he's won some kinda award every year he hosted the show (I know what you're thinking *dusyum* XD). Who knows what he'd do if he doesn't get any lovely statuette to take home..hahaha, so this will definitely be one super-interesting show to look forward to. O-ke, o-ke.. I'm betting on Naseeruddin Shah.. so there. Hey, I love the guy, so what? I hope Naseeruddin-ji gets it this time. Don't give all the 'stone cold ladies' to Hrithik lah..altho I did hear he was very good as Akbar and I shall never forget the experience of watching Hrithik says 'Allah' and 'MashaAllah' (watched it in youtube). Man, that has to be the most memorable Hrithik scenes ever..at least for me. I hope they upload the Filmfare real quickly and it gets instantly subbed (pls??).

O yes, I forgot to mention that he's supposed to don the Suri-Raj personas from RNBDJ.. what.. no Saif?? One SRK is enuff to topple me off my chair in a fit of giggles.. but TWO?? Are yaar, my heart can't take such an explosive mixture. I hope he gets well enough to do the show in good health. Btw, when does he find the time to do the script for this? He's nuts. Someone should tie his whole body to the bed (like a mummy) for the 3 weeks he needs to recuperate or his wandering hands/legs/entire right side will start working on some projects, maybe even independently of each other if his caretakers are not careful. But I want him to overwork himself as much as I want him to rest, so yeah.. it's a conundrum/catch 22 kinda thing ^^;

Shahrukh produce a film adaptation of the bestselling novel
...he's alwiz been suggesting good titles to his producer friends and they've alwiz failed to follow his suggestions, to their loss... ha! This time, Shah Rukh has decided to hog the good books to himself. He loves children, he loves girls and he loves crickets. In 'The Zoya Factor', he gets to combine the three objects of his love in one film. The synopsis instantly reminds me of Sophie's World, somehow. I've not read the book but I alwiz like to read the book and film previews. Most times I even end up explaining what they're about to people who've read or watched them only to surface out of their murky depth in puzzlement haha (o-ke, that's an exaggeration btw). Maybe it's coz both stories are about the journey of a young girl through the terrains of life.

I think it'll be another extended appearance for Shah Rukh tho. Maybe a benevolent and kind-hearted uncle Zoya meets in one of the matches who gives out advices and in the end loses a bet with her over the game? Who knows. I haven't read the book yet. But I like SRK in his 'distinguished old man' avatar, like in Veer-Zaara. So cute, like an adorable grandpa. I wish I had an adorable grandpa like that while I was growing up. I'll sit in his lap and play with his stubble all day long XD

SRK called: ‘Don’t let Preity buy Mortaza’
...I love sports. It's the only modern area where men can be bid and sold to a woman while all the men in her team cheers her on. Preity neat, huh. Anyway, SRK managed to grab his guy, altho not before spending quite some bucks for him coz Preity's team kept on countering their bid. Yes! Go Preity! Give the macho guy a run for his money (lol). I love SRK to bits and pieces but the feminist heart in me wildly clapped for Preity Zinta when I read the article.

SRK's conducted this all-important business phone call all the while nearly overdosing himself with medication to contain his pain from the completely-torn shoulder muscle injury due to his delaying his surgery date before he's completely wrapped up everything that could be wrapped up coz he's supposed to be out of action for some months after (yeah, like we believe you can stay down that long~♥♥♥~). Do you think it's easy to be the biggest star on the planet? Well, think again.

SRK the LOL magnet:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment