Monday, February 23, 2009

Recuperating updates

You know.. this search for the newest news on SRK while he's under house arrest is turning into a delightful treasure hunt. I'm challenging myself as to what kind of article/interview I can find on him on the net and I'm seeing a pattern here. It seems that every 3 days there'll be something out. His operation was on the 17th Feb article and he did a face-to-face interview on the 20th (the youtube links I pasted in the previous post). Today I managed to find a phone interview done on the 23rd. Anyway, groggy after being pumped with pain killers or not, he can still disperse his megawatt charm throughout the chat. I'm sorry Shah Rukh bhai, I know you're in a lot of pain but your answers nearly toppled me off my chair with laughter XD".

You can read the full article here.

Excerpts:

  • Sleeping is difficult, so he’s got a special bed for the purpose; the back goes up and down, he’s been sleeping at 90 degrees almost, in a sitting position. Like a hospital bed? “No, it’s a designer bed,” replied SRK showing signs through the pain and grogginess of his ready wit. He’s started physiotherapy. “It’s minimal movement,” he explained, “I wrap up the Bombay Times in my fingers, my hand hanging by my side, it’s like doing a bicep curl.”
  • He’s been given a three DVD set of the arthoscopy. “It’s taken by a sharp camera, I’m all cut, burned, stitched and nailed, but what you can see looks like a fish in an aquarium eating floating food,” he described. “Some 30 litres of water was pushed through my shoulder... and the entire process is magnified 25 times on camera. It doesn’t look like a surgery... it’s quite an art.”
  • Yes, his kids Aryan and Suhana have seen the video with him. “They think it’s beautiful, quite intriguing and not scary at all... like dinosaurs in an underwater sequence,” he added. But he’s put the procedure behind him, now comes the recovery, and he’s using the time at home to catch up on work. He’s into discussions with script writers.

...and what's the strategy behind producing a film without him as the main character?

"Now distributors know, whether I’m in it or not, Red Chillies Entertainment makes good films."

See, this guy has everything all planned out :P

Other articles I want to keep here for posterity (somehow this word always reminds me of 'posterior' ^^;) :
SRK on his operation: Sophisticated carpentry
My relationship with Shah Rukh too deep to need formalities: Viveck Vaswani
Fearless King Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment