Sunday, February 22, 2009

Interview: KBC

Link

"I told him in 1990 no one knew SRK and in 1991 he entered into the industry with no God father and no backing. And today he is a badshah... the King Khan. I asked him how does he feel today being a self made star and how does he react to the fact that many other stars with huge backing are afraid of him? And being his humble self he told me 'No person is ever self made. Everyone has help from someone - a friend or a colleague.' And as far as being given the labels of being King or Badshah he said didn't think he is any of them. He said 'I am only Shah Rukh Khan...'


Link

Are you coping with the obvious comparisons?
• There has been hype, pressure, comparisons with this other gentleman that I am not comfortable talking about. Because all this negative and positive carries to the children, and I’m wary about that. However what really hurts me are the SMSes.
SMSes?
• That newspapers carry in reader’s polls? When a Geetika from Bhayander says ‘SRK sucks’ that really hurts me. I read them all. The good and the bad. It’s like a pimple on the face. You don’t notice the rest of the face, but the pimple you notice. I remember the nasty ones. Some are very rude.

Is there any truth to ‘SRK vs Mr Bachchan’?
• See, no matter what I say nobody believes me. He’s an accomplished gentleman who’s 64, and I am where I am, and at the stage where I am the comparison is not fair to him at all.

But is there awkwardness? Are you two on speaking terms?
• Arre yaar, this is all because of that article that weekly news magazine carried. What’s that woman’s name? I’ll slap her when I see her next. I have been in this industry for 10 years now and I have never been thwarted yet. I may be anxious but I will never be thwarted. But nobody believes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment