Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Updates

1. 'Everybody needn't be a Shah Rukh'
... that Sanjay Kapoor had to say this in the first place strikes me as, well... pathetic, not him but this whole 'comparison game' business. Why must every actor be compared to SRK? Even though it's a great compliment to the guy, I think it's really weird. Shah Rukh is a trend setter and a rule breaker. Maybe that's why his name keeps being mentioned everytime someone else tries to be different in the Hindi cinema industry. But really, I think it's a redundant statement, matey. Everyone SHOULD be successful on his/her own without trying to measure up to anyone else and there's absolutely no need for anyone to point that out to the media/public.

2. Shah Rukh’s surgery forces him out!
... ha! Filmfare officials have been chastised from forcing a sick guy out of his designer bed to host their award function (I think it's Colonel Gauri's and her army of loyal faujis' doing). Here's another link to confirm this news.

Even though I (and a gajillion SRK fans) will sorely miss him, we unanimously think that it is imperative for him to rest as per the doctors' orders. Anyway, let's see how the youngsters will do it. I wonder if they're going to emulate him and be as irreverant. Don't overdo it, kids. I know you have your strong filmi families backing you up, but those oldies won't appreciate being snubbed by lightweights.

Or maybe Filmfare will be as boring this year as all the years Shah Rukh (and Saif) were not around... geh.

3. My average looks kept me out of Bollywood
...extracts of the Irrfan Khan's interview (on Shah Rukh):

"But you’ve always been a serious actor ...
I did what came my way. But working with stars like Shah Rukh Khan, I have realised why he has an instant connect with the audience. They all love him because he gives them what they aspire and dream of.

How was it working with people like Danny Boyle and Shah Rukh Khan?
Very good. Both of them share a common factor which is humility personified, despite their achievements. They are also very creative. All this while I thought to be a successful businessman you have to be little dishonest and crooked in your dealings. But Shah Rukh changed my views. There is imandaari and scruples in his dealings."

4. I want to cater to kids: Shah Rukh Khan
... is an article about Raa-One movie. I read an interview where SRK said he wants to make an overbudget VFX-filled film one day and the day is finally arriving, it seems.

5. Malaysian critic appreciates moral message of ‘Bhootnath’
...I'm always on the lookout for any Malaysian-SRK connection that even a link as weak as this caught my attention XD.

6. SRK - A Creature of Habit?
...this is not really an update. I just feel like posting the link here for archiving purposes.


Today is the 3rd third day and I haven't found any new SRK post-surgery interview yet. Hmm, maybe my theory (the one I spewed out in my previous post) is whacked. I'll wait until tomorrow and roam the net again in case the internet time runs a day later than Malaysian time.

No comments:

Post a Comment