Friday, February 20, 2009

Me too! Me too! I want to get into the Comparison Game too! (geh)

Reading SRK's film reviews alwiz surprises me, not with what's written in the reviews coz every reviewer is entitled to his/her opinion of the movies and performances, but with the virulence in which people are commenting to the articles. I mean, what do you get out of hating movie stars?

If you feel such a strong aversion to his dimpled mug.. why bother to read his articles/interviews, watch his interview clips/shows/concerts/movies, check out reviews on his films, monitor the fluctuating figures of their BO collections, etc.? Some people either have too much time on their hands or they need to get their brains CT scanned. Or maybe they're machocists who flog themselves, not with leather whips, but with constant checking of the progress of public figures they profess to hate so much.

See, I love Hrithik when he's dancing.. I absolutely lose interest in everything and everyone else on the screen (except when SRK is around of course) whenever he puts on his moves. I hope he takes care of his knees more coz Hrithik not being able to dance is a scary thought. But I know that I'm not into his films or persona.. so I stay out of it unless it has something to do with SRK. O-ke, the "except when SRK is around" or "unless it has something to do with SRK" statement will occur too many times in too many places in this post so let's just establish that it is a given from early on, o-ke XD.

Aamir is an excellent actor and I absolutely love his acting in Raja Hindustani and Mann (I watched them more than a decade ago). I tried to follow his movies after that but somehow he just doesn't click with me even up til now. I also cannot connect with his public persona. So I leave him alone thereafter..unless bla bla bla (see paragraph above XD).

With Salman, the lesser said the better ^^; ..I dun want his minions to wank in my comment section.

Hmmm... lemme make it clear here that in no way at all anyone can compare SRK with Amitabh Bacchan. Until Shah Rukh has been around as long and as successful as Amitji still is, I will laugh at any comparison made between them. At nearly 70 years of age, AB can still pull crowds with the strength of his name.

I want Shah Rukh to be able to do that too so I wish these stupids will stop writing about "SRK's retirement plan". I dun want him to retire ever. I pray that he'll live longer than I do (despite me being younger) so that I dun have to live in a world devoid of his presence. I look forward to a time when he's a distinguished old man of Bollywood, like AB and Naseerudin Shah, coz I wonder what kind of projects will he get into.

I think SRK is an excellent actor and storyteller. It's just that his boisterous nature gets him into energetic and epic masala projects that everyone keeps pooh-pooh-ing as unserious and irreverent. One day when he's older and more quiet (lol).. he'll look into the mountain of scripts he's given, pick out some dark and intense stories out of it, and surprise everyone.. as he's alwiz done like in DARR, Baazigar, DDLJ (coz at the time, the critics and public kept saying he couldn't do romantic roles..hmmph), Devdas, Chak De, Swades, etc.

So I totally avoid reading up or taking the slightest interest in other Bollywood stars ...unless bla bla bla XD. By obsessing over his traits that they can't stand and spending hours on the net to emphasize to us SRK's fans on how much they hate him and dun care about him, these anti-SRK people have only succeeded in proving that SRK was right when he said, "they can love me, they can hate me.. but they can't ignore me".

No comments:

Post a Comment