Friday, February 27, 2009

If I read another comment that goes...

...Shah Rukh is better than Amitabh/Aamir is better than Shah Rukh yada yada yada (I don't think comments that compare Salman with SRK are worth reading), I'd prolly end up hitting something with a blunt stick. Give these stars their own space, for friggin sake. There's enough role for everyone. Geh.

I wish they would take time to read the interviews (like this one) he gives when he does ..very occasionally.. mention other actors, at the instigation of the interviewers, so that they'll realise all this comparison business is a waste of time. But of course, be as childish as you want on the net.. is all I can say.


SRK Quotes:

"One must always go for excellence. If you are playing, be like Roger Federer. If you are an actor, be like Amitabh Bachchan." (link)

"I did ads because I need the money. And I find nothing wrong in having money. It is a proud moment for me when I earn money through my work. With the money I earn at weddings, I get the choice of not doing a film I don’t want to do. Many actors have done 70 films out of which 30 are just for the money. Like, many actresses are stuck with films they did only for money.

I am very proud of the fact that I never did a film because I wanted money. Even Guddu was to be directed in a very fine way by Lekh Tandon, though it didn’t eventually work out that way. I never did a film because I wanted to buy a house. A person who does a film because of money will dislike the film when it does not do well. This doesn’t happen with me. There is not a single film from the 35 films which I dislike. As a matter of fact, I have made it a point not take money when I do guest appearances. So that door of making money is closed for me. There is no easy money for me. That is my business philosophy. You should only earn money with your hard work." (link)


You think your acting skills are over-rated?

If my acting skills are over-rated, so are your writing skills.

So what makes you so special?
Nothing really. I guess my tears on screen are real. You know something? Actors are like healers. In the turbulent darkness of a theatre, they give hope, joy to so many millions. They touch lives. You know what makes me special? I'm just an ordinary man in an extraordinary world.

When will you do other kinds of cinema, better cinema?
When you start asking me other questions, better questions.

So what would your epitaph read?
'He was a good guy... at least he tried'. Come back tomorrow, I'll give you another quote. (link)

On Billu:
“It’s a space age film in a village,” explained SRK. “And, Inshallah, ready for release on February 13, 2009. Gosh, that’s a Friday the 13th! In this business, all release Fridays seem like Friday the 13th!” (link)

“The territory of superstar doesn’t belong to one actor today. Actors who have consistently worked for around 20 years are all superstars. Akshay is rightfully a superstar today. So is Aamir Khan, and Ajay Devgan, Salman, even Hrithik, though he is from the younger lot." (link)

What have been your strong and weak points in life?
My weakness is that I cannot say no to anything. My strong point is that I want to complete everything I take upon myself. (link)

"I act like a kid. Even my performances are childish. For me this industry is like a play house. " (link)

Drew Barrymore?
"Ooh, she's so beautiful, looks like a doll! And Catherine Zeta Jones, oof beautiful! The Slumdog Millionaire guys were so sweet. I met Dev Patel in the loo and he said, 'I can't believe I'm p**ing with Shahrukh Khan. I'm a fan!' I'd love to go someday to the Globes with a Hindi film." (link)


"I get people who fall sick and think I can cure them. I get people who leave their houses in different states of undress and stand outside mine. I get people who write in blood. Normally very short letters like 'I love you.'" (link)

No comments:

Post a Comment