Friday, February 27, 2009

I want this book...


...but it's bleeding expensive like OH MY GOD. It costs about RM275 in Kinokuniya and so heavy that if I were to throw it at a dog, it'd die a sudden and painful death (while the book remains in mint condition). Although, I'd have to perform the purifying ritual on the book afterwards and it'd be all wet and destroyed.

Hmmph, I can't even make a dog joke in my SRK blog without feeling sensitive about it now. Drat.

Mustaqji had this to say about the 4-kilo book:
"There is so much to SRK, Just one book is not enough, I think round about 90-95 books will do justice." (link)

And this is what SRK had to say about it when asked whether the books and documentaries being made on him indicate an early retirement:
"It's a subtle hint. In the last three years there have been three books. I think people are making sure that one book is released every year so that I finally get the message."
(link)


I found SRK's comeback dog joke and told myself why not... XD. So I'm pasting it here:

When asked to elaborate, SRK told HT City, “Aamir had said it was a joke that his dog was named after me… and I said if it was a matter of [a] sense of humour, then my joke would have been that I also wanted to name my pets after Aamir, but my pets vehemently refused. My wife said people don’t understand your jokes, so please refrain from doing so... though I felt it was quite funny but I didn’t say it at that time. Nobody said anything about stooping low, etc. Stooping low would be a height joke. (link)

...o-ke, maybe it's a height joke and a dog joke rolled into one, as only SRK can do. See, when I read this I can definitely see it's a joke. It's sarcastic and funny. I wish serious, intellectual *cough* artistes will refrain from writing 'jokes' at someone else's expense in their blogs in the future. I (and quite a number of their own fans) just can't seem to get the humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment