Friday, March 20, 2009

Headlines from previous days

Shah Rukh, Arjun: Dard-e-dils...
...see, now someone writes that the response to Billu is great. Then I open some pages which say Billu is a flop. That's why I said, sometimes I think the flops and hits of movies are all in these journalists' heads.

Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla and Jai Mehta
...is the London office open yet? Where is it situated? Is there a law in the UK against stalking someone else's office (with a bunch of friends while holding a big banner proclaiming your undying love for the owner of the company)?

Is Chak De India a Career-Best Performance by Shah Rukh Khan?
...I personally don't agree with this. Chak De is not the best performance he's delivered. I fully believe what he said.. that his best role is the next one. He'll always better his work so there's no need for this useless and redundant discussion.

Shah Rukh rocks in UK
...why do you think his fans love him so much? Even his overseas fans, like me, are absolutely crazy about him.

SRK, Preity Zinta, Mukesh Ambani, Mallya win IPL bids
...$75.09 million, as in US dollars?? Hoshiz.

Shah Rukh Khan's tantrums
...what tantrums? This article title confuses me.

Farah Khan: I'l be gifting Shah Rukh the first print of Om Shanti Om
...you know what's amazing about SRK, apart from the gajillion other amazing things about him? His close friends from the industry/outside of it and family members (more accurately, his wife's family members) are his biggest fans. They're crazier about him than regular fans like us are and that's really saying a lot about the kind of person he is in real life.

Celebrity endorsements may not increase sales: SRK
...As a person who buys stuff coz she needs/likes it and not coz her favourite star is endorsing it, I agree with this 100%. And the fact that a brand ambassador can say this so frankly and honestly is really something. He's a very aware guy, huh?

Taking bollywood places
...this is more about Eros than SRK, but I thought it's an interesting article so I'm archiving it here.

Age is just a number: SRK
I like this article a lot so I'm quoting a few passages:


  • When he was young, Shah Rukh Khan thought life gets over in the 40s. But now that he is there, he doesn’t feel it’s any big deal. “I feel more stronger and enthusiastic today. In fact, when I play with my kids’ friends, I don’t use age as a criteria to perform less. I still think I can beat kids half my age at half the things I do, physically I mean.
  • “I don’t look at age as a reason for making more intelligent and wiser decisions. I don’t think what I did earlier was wrong and what I do now is right. It’s the wrongest notion that older people are smarter and wiser, I feel they are just older."
  • "In the film industry, someday I read I am ruling more, some days less, someday a younger star has toppled me. I think I am beyond all this now."
  • “Akshay is the most viable star in the country now,” admitted Shah Rukh. “He’s doing more prolific work, giving more hits, he’s not just good looking and focussed, but really hard working too. I am very fond of him. I have known him for years now."
  • "Today, the concept of a single star ruling seems to be slowly phasing out. It’s like a league of movie stars, all very secure, happy, singing, dancing. It’s beautiful. Aamir, Salman, Akshay and I, we are all big stars today. It’s like tennis ranking. One Grand Slam, and there you go. But the commercial success of others never makes me feel any lesser or more successful. God isn’t there only to give Shah Rukh Khan everything, in fact he shouldn’t be giving only me.”
  • At 42, he has made six pack abs a trend. Of this, the Bollywood Badshah said, “I know people have been saying that I got it through special effects, surgery, and steroids, but I know how much hard work I put into this. When I was working out, I thought, I can’t have bigger biceps than Salman, a stronger chest than John or even wider shoulders than Hrithik, so I said why not concentrate on my abs. See, I have a very oriental kind of physique, like Bruce Lee, so I guess it’s standing out.”

..the "all very secure, happy, singing, dancing. It’s beautiful" and the 'tennis ranking' remarks nearly toppled me off my chair with laughter. Man, I think Bollywood would have been a very very boring and dull place without SRK around. I know for a fact that there's one person who won't give a shiz about Bollywood, let alone be blogging about it, if it hadn't been for him. Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment