Monday, March 2, 2009

Headlines

...with Shah Rukh in hiding for the few weeks (or months?) to come, my headline posts on him are becoming shorter and shorter XD

1. Star Plus in talks with Shah Rukh
...a game show with a polygraph test in India? Are you sure they'll tune in? I for one would love to watch it only for Shah Rukh, of course. But then, I'm not much of a game show viewer. I haven't even watched his KBC (the ones uploaded on youtube).

2. Dev D hits Box Office gold
...I know he's not in it, but by virtue of this being a remake of a movie he's done before, I'm pasting it here. Also, I want to make a point (yeah.. my posts alwiz have a point *cough*). As I've posted earlier, 2008 in India is the year of debutantes and acceptance of different kinds of cinema, A Wednesday, Rock On and Dev D is a good example of that.

Does this mean masala films will take a back seat? I don't know.. it could be a one year trend, with cinema you can't really predict. I also don't know whether SRK would like this kind of cinema or not (I don't think he would ^^;), but as a fan I do think that he should at least try it out a coupla times. That's why I'm looking forward to The Zoya Factor. I think that movie's gonna be cool if it's done about the same style with Chak De India.

I'm sensing a future where good stories and good acting will mean more to the Indian crowd than big names though, which has not alwiz been the case in the past. Maybe becoz the younger generation has such freedom to choose whatever movies they want to watch from the net so they're getting more choosy about the kind of movies they have to pay money for to watch.

3. Ganguly, the umpire for SRK's Angels
...Anushka's in it too! Another reason for me to watch it.. if it gets uploaded to the net, that is (pwz?)

4. Juhi Chawla joins Ghar Ki Baat Hai
...an update on RC Idiot Box TV show.

5. Anil Kapoor hosting Kaun Banega Crorepati?
...the guy has only disappeared from the public eye to rest after his surgery for a few days and they're already eager to have him replaced. See the fickle nature of a corporate organisation? That's why I said it's a waste of time to be sentimental about their business decisions. I'm not sure how much of the story is true though as SRK has said that he's on for another season of KBC and becoz of what Anil said in Feb of last year, but I'm still pasting the headline here just so I can say I'm not pleased with it. Esp the 'passe' passage. You want me to passe your brain onto a pavement somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment