Saturday, March 14, 2009

Headlines (from The Telegraph - Calcutta)

‘They all wanted a Shah Rukh song’
...an interview with the producer of Boothnath.

We’ve become tougher now: Shah Rukh
...what I like about Shah Rukh (amongst the gajillion things I like about him) is his straightforwardness in saying "I don't know," when he doesn't know about something.

Shah Rukh scores, India adores
...I shudder to think what would have happened to CDI had Kabir Khan been played by Salman. Or maybe it would have gone on to be the success story it was becoz the script is really good, but I sure won't be liking it as much as I do, which will be a loss to me.

No religion please, I am Shah Rukh!
...I like this article.

Red Chillies is red hot
...there's another angle to the SRK-VVChopra-Raju Hirani story to the one written here. I forgot where I read the article but I'll paste it in this blog if I find it again. Plus, I'm not sure what the real reason for Shah Rukh not acting in Robot is but he did admit he'd worked on it for some months b4 the deal fell through. Don't you think that the kind of discussion the author in this article was insinuating should have taken place early on? Surely SRK wouldn't have spent so much time working on his part in the movie, and then demand that the SFX must be done with his company or he'll leave? It doesn't make sense.

Shah Rukh’s success sutra
...this is exactly why I've stopped trying to find out whether a film is a hit or failure. There, I read that KANK is a hit. Here, I read that KANK is a failure. Now, I think the success or failure of a movie, on print at least, rests entirely in the critic's head.

‘I told Shah Rukh, sorry darling, now you are Shakira. Off with your clothes’
...is the 6-pack still in existence today? Will there ever be a director who will be able to order Shah Rukh to strip again in the future? Questions, questions ..and more questions.

Battle of the super stars
...I like how the media pit Shah Rukh against all the legendary heavyweight of cinema: Rajnikanth, Amitabh, Dillip Kumar, etc. Because he's worth it.. <(^o^)V

On the other hand, most of the predictions (if not all) on the marketing strategy of Billu have come true. Has he become that predictable when it comes to promoting his films?

He who walks tall on telly
...what some people say about the change of host from Amitabh to SRK in KBC.

SRK at 42
...I just have to quote this: "On the IMDB list of best sports movies, Chak De is fifth, ahead of Cinderella Man, Rocky and Lagaan!"

Ha! Thank you IMDB~

Shah Rukh’s sense of fair play
...an article on his association with Emami.

It’s thumbs up for King Khan
...I have to say, I agree with Kajal Chatterjee's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment