Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I want to see "The Making of Ra-1" on ASTRO!

Remember when Subhash Ghai called SRK up to discuss on the clash between Yuvvraaj & Billu and SRK said, "Subhashji, your film is my film and my film is yours." and postponed his own film to give way to Ghai's (link)?

Here's the background to that. Red Chillies Entertainment did the visual effects for the film, so what SRK said makes more sense now... at least to me (link).

I dunno why the administrator of the blog I'm following deleted his post on the VFX done for Billu (it's still on display in my Dashboard tho), but since it's prolly over an issue important enough for him to delete it, I'm reluctant to transfer the post to my blog. I tried to find some other existing page on it and found this one. Click on the arrow button to view the rest of the slide.

Here's what SRK had to say about VFX:

"VFX is the way of the future. I personally believe that with all the colour, charm, passion and the lyricism that already exists in hindi cinema, the way to enhance the romance of films is going to be through the addition of VFX in our technique of cinema. Technology can only better the process of story telling and narration. It is a tool which the largest film-making nation in the world cannot afford to ignore!

Also, it is necessary to develop our own system as somehow the understanding of VFX in an Indian way is important because it will help us retain our USP of films and not end up being a reflection of the western way of thinking when it comes to effects. VFX is the next big addition to our films and needs to be nurtured and developed if our films have to truly get international in the near future."


No comments:

Post a Comment