Saturday, March 21, 2009

“You don’t go up against Shah Rukh Khan, no matter how good your product is.”

...that's a quote from this article: Stumbling Toward Bollywood

Well, I know of one person who's intent on going against him in 2009 XD. I read that their films will be releasing on the same day this year. I'd love to see how that goes.

Frankly, I don't understand fans who're angry over who's bigger than who/who's better than who/whose movie fares better at the BO than whose/etc. Dudes, the question of economics, profits and losses are best left to the production houses. Don't spout those numbers as if you're one of the accountants who've stayed back late every night trying to balance all the columns. Idiots.

I say... just watch the movie, enjoy your favourite actors, love the story, blab about it to your friends and family, and if you have complaints against certain scenes or just anything about it in general, bash it in the spirit of good fun. What is this, "I hate him, I hate her," stuff.. yaar. You don't even know these movie stars personally so how can you hate them? They're there to do a job they love and to entertain you. Chill... demmit.

But then, I stumbled on this article... and I guess there's no way for somebody like me who's never been raised in a culture that revers movie stars as if they're second only to God to tell these devout fans to chill, huh? Maybe I should just let them enjoy movies their way and I'll just enjoy movies my way... even though I think I'll post on this kinda stuff again and again just for the heck of it XD

Amitabh Bachchan Has a Cold
In Calcutta, the Shah Rukh Khan Fan Club has created a one-room museum in his name, which features a 10-foot poster of Mr. Khan with the caption: "After God, the only icon we believe in is S.R.K."

No comments:

Post a Comment