Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mostly from: indiatarget.com

‘What they say about SRK' ?
...I noticed that when it comes to SRK, he has heroines he's worked with, or female actors he hasn't worked with, praising him to the sky. That doesn't happen with any other male star. Well, I usually concentrate on articles about him but I always manage to get sidetracked and read about other Bollywood actors too. However, I've never found the media collecting compliments for them from their heroines/other female actors the way they alwiz do for SRK. He even has junior heroines speaking loudly about being his die-hard fans (e.g. Priyanka) or wanting to kill his wife coz they love him so much (e.g. Vidya, altho I hope she was just joking about that ^^;). Other links are this one, and this one, and this one, and this one, and this one, even this one, and... do you want me to go on? I personally like this one though, and it's more about what he says about them than the other way around. But it got me laughing, that's for sure.

‘The names Bollywood can rely on’
...you know, they would have more bankable stars if they get rid of this system of pushing only their grandchildren into every new movie available and honestly nurture the new talents instead of trying to 'drown' them everytime their 2nd, 3rd and 4th films don't do well at the BO. I think there's a reason why all the new heroines SRK has worked with are people from outside the industry. And I also think it's only logical for him not to work with new male actors. He will prolly dwarf them completely and destroy any chance of them ever get propelled into the limelight. That won't be an issue with female actors. He gave Deepika and Anushka and all the Chak De girls their spotlight without reservation, and if you've watched enough Dil Se and KKHH like I have, he gave a lot of space for Preity and Rani too. There are some new girls he worked with that didn't work beyond that one film they did with him though (Gayatri, Suchitra... and what's happened to all the Chak De girls??), but I guess there's only so much an icon can do to give you a break. The rest of the hard work has to be done by yerselves.

‘Hottest Male Debutants’ of ‘07’
...a case to emphasize my point above. What is the one resounding similarity between all these MALE DEBUTANTS? They have a column entitled: pedigree. What the heck does that column have to do with their achievements, is anyone's guess. Hey, don't ask me! I'm an outsider. I know nothing.

Bollywood Industry - an unfair place for the commoner (Pt. 1), (Pt. 2)
...I like this one so I'm quoting it: "It is a rank outsider like Shah Rukh Khan who walks tall. His story is definitely their Bible."

Shah Rukh and His Girls
...I think this is what Karan Johar meant when he said, "What he doesn't do off screen, he does on screen," XD

‘Worse time 4 Bollywood’, Come, make a Movie ['Adlabs Films']
...well, this reminds me of that talk they have with Shah Rukh in the recent India Conclave and I think in the Summit 2007 too about corporates getting into the film industry. And Shah Rukh's anti-taking loans stand is much more understandable now. I remember reading how he bought his equipment for his production house when Dreamz Unlimited just started: he worked to the bone at his endorsements and his maal-functions until he got the required amount and then he poured it back into his company. I think he still does it like that even to this day. Also, the media only asks this type of scarily sharp questions to Shah Rukh, never to any other actor. I guess it's becoz he's the only one who can come up with the sharp answers. Yeah, I'm still in awe of his appearance in the Summit 2007. Please invite him to the Summit again. I think he'd go as long as you guys don't give him the task of preparing a speech on 'The Globalisation of Indian Cinema'.

Bollywood king spends four hours in loo!
"Considering the kind of films that Indian filmmakers make, I think that’s really the best place to read the scripts."
...needless to say, I nearly fell off my chair reading that XDDD

Star smoker!
...so you think only Shah Rukh Khan chain smokes in public?

No comments:

Post a Comment