Thursday, March 19, 2009

There's nothing that turns me on more than a man of vision...

Yeah, I love brilliant men. I think I'm a bit of a geek where my taste in men is concerned. And if the man is as cute and adorable as Shah Rukh Khan,what more can I ask for?

He may not be the best actor in India, or the best looking guy on screen (I didn't say this. He said it himself in an interview session... I don't remember which one. I'm his fan so I'm not bothered about who's best in whateva like some critics are) ...but I have to say, he is the most visionary. He's talked about producing ads since he was in college, and now RC Ent has TVC. He's known to promote the future of the television industry from back when he just started working in movies, and now RC Ent has Idiot Box. And do you know that RC Ent has started acquiring some old films? The list is up on the website. I also read that Shah Rukh has started acquiring negatives of his own films.

What I'm really intrigued about is the VFX arm of the company. IMHO, that's the most exciting part of RC Ent. Or maybe that's coz I'm a tech geek, in that I love gadgets although I dunno how they work 99.99999% of the time. If I have limitless amount of money, I'd buy some stuff just so I can open them up to see their insides. I can't wait for R.1 (or Ra-One?) to come out. I read that the film is supposed to be the calling card for VFX but looking at the fate of Drona and Love 2050 at the BO, I'm anxious about it. And then he comes up with this scheme LOL. I can see this will set a new trend in Bollywood, as everything else he's done in the past. He'd better make it work the first time around... or else some future snobbish industry's children will replicate the idea. And if their movies get commercial success, they'll claim that it's their idea to begin with and start asking, "Shah Rukh who?" ..hmmph.

Shah Rukh ropes in Hollywood writer
Mumbai, March 19: Done with his shoulder surgery, superstar Shah Rukh Khan now seems to be gearing up for his upcoming production ‘Ra.1’. The actor has reportedly signed Hollywood’s famous writer-director David Benullo for the film being directed by Anubhav Sinha.
David is best known for writing the screenplay of much appreciated ‘Around the World in 80 Days’ and the script for Hallowed Ground, Cupid and Shadow Man, which had won him accolades. And now he has been roped by none other than King Khan for his next venture ‘Ra.1’, which is reportedly an SFX film. An industry insider said, “‘Ra1’ has loads of special effects, which is why it is to be made differently from the usual commercial Hindi films. SRK wanted a writer who would do justice to the film. So he got David Benullo to work on the script.”Confirming the news, director Anubhav Sinha said, “Yes, David Benullo is one of the writers working on the script.” Reports reveal that the writer has already started working on the film when he was he was in India recently. ‘Ra.1’ is slated for release early next year.


At a time when everyone who's everyone is taking potshots at him while he's too sick to be out in public (Huh. Where were they when the guy was healthy and ready with sharp and witty comebacks??), he's doing all sorts of interesting projects from his designer bed. I think these 3 arms of his company will grow to be colossal, i.e. they're gonna 'infect' the entire India entertainment industry with their positiveness and success, not just Bollywood. It's like that catchy term people have now... 'the viral effect'. If they keep coming up with exciting projects, that is. Do you know he's bringing all the IPL teams on his next TV show? Yep, you can read about it here. I think if SRK continues on along this path, he's gonna be India's answer to Rupert Murdoch in.. oh, I dunno.. 15-20 years? Except that Mr. Murdoch has never been the biggest movie star in the world.. HA!

I wish Shah Rukh all the best in all his ventures. God bless~~

No comments:

Post a Comment