Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Roaming headlines

This one actually only has one measly headline on a Shah Rukh-related article and the others are my flaundering attempt to connect everything and everything in Bollywood to SRK. Did I succeed (lol)? Pls don't take my posts so seriously. I'm really worried about my SRK blog being followed by Bollywood fans who lack a sense of humour.

1. Emaar-SRK to Sell Aryan Lifestyle to Primus Retail
...looks like the 'correction' tsunami flattens everyone in its path, SRK is no exception. I have not heard of the Boulevard for quite sometime now. I wonder what's happening with that deal. I'll rummage around and see what I can find. Hey, it's easier to be nosy about a celebrity's life than turn away from the internet and solve the problems in your un-reel life, you know.

2. When Arjun Rampal apologised to Big B via SMS
...Shah Rukh said he's gonna be blogging too once his website is set up. So everytime I read Amitji's and Aamir's very involved and elaborate posts waxing soliloquy on some issues or non-issues in their blogs, I alwiz recite this little prayer in front of my monitor that goes a bit like this: Shah Rukh, pls don't publish everyone's SMSes to you and your SMS replies to their SMSes. Pls don't write 10 paragraphs long on each and every tragedy happening in India and around the world. Pls don't tell us the details of your film shoots down to the last fragment of prosthetic you have dangling on your face. Pls don't post a blow-by-blow of your nervousness every time your film is about to be released. Pls don't publish the content of your private emails to some idiotic reporter or other on some interview or other that you have done with her/him that has rankled your sensibilities when it makes front page on some tabloid or other. Et cetera et cetera et cetera (this prayer has gained in length the more I read their blogs, so maybe I should just stop following them ^^;).

3. Of Bollywood's new-found love for NRIs and Delhi
...I just have to comment on this. Who's the actor who starred in the first very successful NRI-themed movie? Shah Rukh. Who's the actor who never misses a chance to tell the interviewer about his hometown Delhi and that he's a proud Dilliwala even though Mumbai is his city now? Shah Rukh. If you're annoyed with my obsessed self, you're welcome to leave my SRK blog any time now XD

4. Filmfare awards have become more organised: Javed Akhtar
...o yeah? Who's been hosting for quite a number of years before the award function gets 'more organized'? I think there's a reason why Shah Rukh went in there and dressed down a lot of people (and he did say the people he and Saif were gonna insult were usually told about it beforehand). A shy and polite person by nature doesn't hurl potshots at others for no reason and he never ever does it in public appearances or interviews or blogs (unlike some people).. I should know this coz I've been reading/watching a gajillion of his talk shows, interviews, etc on the net. Maybe he thought the industry people were getting too serious and someone had to go do something about it.. ha! Also, I don't understand why it's only SRK who got the brunt of the anger.. Saif was up there on the stage with him every step of the way but it's alwiz Shah Rukh they complain about. Is it becoz he's not 'one of them'? It's like that scene from K3G, everytime he's pleasing the father..he's the beloved son. The moment he does something out of turn, he's not family.

They're saying Imran and Ranbir were 'extremely humorous and not offensive at all to anyone', but hey.. they're your babies. Of course they wouldn't say/do anything that could hurt their fathers, mothers, uncles, grandfathers, great grandfathers, cousins, second cousins, all sorts of distant relatives.

5. Abhishek Bachchan breaks Guinness record
...ha! Maybe Abishek was inspired by Shah Rukh's Billu whirlwind promotion where he spent one whole day promoting his film with 5 events back to back? Sorry, I have this habit of connecting all sorts of Bollywood events and people to Shah Rukh.. as you may have noticed (lol).

6. We are ordinary folks: Amitabh Bachchan
...hmm, another 'ordinary' star? It reminds me of SRK's famous quote: "It's not special to be special. It's special to be ordinary". Did you know he's been saying that since the release of Devdas? At least that was the earliest reference I could find anyway. I've posted the link to that interview in my humongously huge interview link post. Just ctrl-F: 'Shahid Malik' and watch the clip if you're as obsessed as I am XD.

7. 'Ghajini' outstrips DDLJ to become biggest domestic earner
...sounds familiar? Maybe coz you've stumbled on this article comparing between Sholay and DDLJ. IMO, a comparison of earnings between a current film and one from a decade ago is rather pathetic. Who knows what kind of business Sholay and DDLJ could have done if they were to be released today in this time of multiplexes, global marketing and internet.

8. Where Are The Lover Boys?
...this article earns its right to be here as it mentions Shah Rukh several times XD. I pasted it here to emphasize on my previous point that good story and characterization are starting to win against big names in quite a big way when it comes to the modern Hindi cinema. I think as long as the current filmmakers make movies that firmly target the youth or GenNext, they will sell like hotcakes. Or else they will bomb.

We like them fast and crisp, with a global cast or at least a global-themed story and strong babes please ..not whimpy ones (if they can kick butt, that's even better). I wonder why Bollywood has not churned out a story on hackers yet, given that India is one of the leaders in the IT industry. That will be nice. The hacker should be a kid and the mentor/controller is played by Shah Rukh. I'd like to watch that one, please.


...ha! I just gave the above suggestion to Mr. Karan Johar altho I doubt he'd read it XD. Hey, why not? He's my favourite young modern director (Farhan Akhtar is fast becoming another favourite but unfortunately he doesn't have a blog..hmmph). Don't you just love the internet and its promise of instant communication?

My comment:

Hi Mr. Karan Johar,

I've been waiting for you to update as I don't want to comment hyperly to a post that talks so somberly about a sad incident (the Mumbai attack), but after several months of waiting in vain I've become desperate. Please don't publish my comment in your blog (if there's a chance in hell that you'll read it while browsing thru the gajillion comments you must have got everyday). I just want to say MNIK is THE MOST AWAITED movie this year so please give us the most titillating promo ever leading to the release of the movie as only you can do.

I dunno if suggestions on future movies annoy you (if it does, pls forgive me ^^;) but ..what about a film on hackers? A kid hacker and an older mentor/controller with some interesting current issues as the backdrop of the movie. Throw in some modern romance (non of those draggy whimpy scenes with whiny heroines) and I think it'll be a cool movie.

Thanks for reading my crazy comment!
Love,

Ami

No comments:

Post a Comment