Saturday, March 21, 2009

Headlines

...oh, okay. At least I can understand the situation a bit better now.
...an interview with Anupama Chopra.
...a short review on Anupama's book.
I like this extract:
The influx of money has meant a bonanza for the top actors. Shahrukh Khan said that a corporation recently offered him $125 million for a five-picture deal with full creative control. “When people offer too much money, I refuse to hear the script,” he added, “because money is a very strong force. I might start liking scenes which I didn’t before, because I can see extra zeroes behind it.”

...you're the biggest movie star in the planet and you're still working with relatively new directors in films financed by your own company, when you can have $100-200 million (as in crore?) 3-picture deals or 5-picture deals offered to you by big conglomerates? I mean, it does speak volumes for the kind of approach SRK has towards his acting job.

Btw, I love how Hrithik's picture is the biggest and sits at the top of the post while the pictures of the rest of the 5 biggest Bollywood stars are arrayed one after the other with SRK coming in at the 4th position before Akshay. It gives you perspective on the fickle nature of the cinema pundits. To them, the stars are only as big as their latest release, or status at the award functions.
...what is it with this obsession to get SRK on a political platform?? He's the kind of person who'd give a job 100% attention. He's not the same as those actors-turn-politicians who occasionally act when their seats are in trouble. If he ever gets into politics, I don't think he'll ever do movies again. Is that truly what these people want?
...even I noticed that 'SRK' titled film LOL. That reminds me of the recent India Conclave where one person in the audience asked him what if he were a Hindu named Shekar Krishna and Shah Rukh retorted, "Shekar Radha Krishna... SRK" (lol)

Personally, I don't believe a meeting with your idol will change your life. I think they're just outside elements you use as an excuse to give you that extra push you need to make your life more interesting. I have many such people, in real life and reel. SRK is just one of them, although he's the most fascinating.
...this was written in 2007. I like the post and I wonder if the blogger still has the same passion for Bollywood as he had when he wrote it. Extract:

This man seems to be a great actor to work with. A sense of humour? Yes. Movie star looks? Sure. Professional? Of course. Good with kids? See above. But the over-riding theme of all these extras stories is that for a man with his star power, Shah Rukh is generous with his time.

In my time in Hindi Film, I have worked with a who's who of the industry. After working with Amitabh and Abhishek, Kareena and Shahid, Preity, Priyanka and Rani, Akshay, John, and one of the other Khans, Salman, I would like to join the Shah Rukh camp. Without playing the numbers game, it would be a career high to share screen time with the No.1. The most famous name in Indian cinema. Shah Rukh Khan, Main Hoon Na.

...a sort of review on KANK. My opinion on the whole Pandora Box thing is, people were unhappy about the movie (watch the 'We the People' show in my video link post) because Karan Johar has always stood for the sanctity of family in his previous films and Shah Rukh has never been involved in an affair outside his real marriage. Which I think is a hypocritical and bogus reason for being outraged at a nicely-told story. But hey, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.. right?

For my archive

No comments:

Post a Comment