Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not another one?? I knew it...

Aamir Khan's obsessed with Shah Rukh Khan:

"I had absolutely no intention of kicking Shah Rukh off his pedestal. Though I have to say, I don't think he ever was on it."

...and there you have it folks. The one man battle between Aamir and the currently-very-busy-to-bother-about-petty-squabbles Shah Rukh.

I wonder what really happened in the background to have Aamir babbling like this... he's never cared about who's on top before. Heck, he's never cared to give interviews to CNN before, I think.

Anyway, this is the last post (hopefully) where I'm quoting Aamir's trivial comments on SRK. Or else, my SRK blog will turn into an Aamir blog, looking at the number of quotes he's giving on our guy (3 interviews in +/-2 weeks?? That's really a record). O well, Shah Rukh bhai did say he prefers people taking potshots at him than being ignored XD

Here's why I call it trivial:
  • I know why I love SRK. I know why he's my most favourite actor in the world, not just in India (Bollywood, Mollywood, Tellywood, whateva). I know what his accomplishments are (the published ones anyway, if not all of them). So it doesn't matter what others think or say coz I know what I know and that's enough.
  • I think his potential extends beyond what the current crop of Bollywood filmakers can envision for him. Frankly, I think he should start coming out with his own scripts coz I have a feeling that his stories will be wonderful. But then, that work would eat into his acting time and I want him in front of the camera more than I want him behind it.
  • I love all his characters in his movies... yes, even the BO-flop ones... which is more than I can say about some blockbuster films by other actors.
  • In a world monopolized by powerful families, he has made a significant place for himself and I don't doubt at all his dreams to build that 'empire' as he called it. He has his fingers in all sorts of pots and is doing okay/excellently in all his ventures.
  • Even when he fails, he'll pick himself up again with such a positive attitude and the way he risks his life in his line of work time and again (okay, I know other actors risk their lives too, but I'm not their fan) ...that every time I read those interviews I feel so awed and grateful that such a person exists for my role model when it comes to my work. I'm not the most conscientious worker so I need constant motivation and he's one of the people who provide that motivation and he's not even aware of it.
I'm sorry if I sound so mushy (lol) but that's why no matter how bad or negative the remarks against him are, none of them will take away that appreciation I have for Shah Rukh Khan... and you can quote me on that. One day I may not be as obsessed with him as I am now, but I think I'll still look back with a lot of affection to this time when I love him so much.

And that's also why Mr. Aamir, even though I don't know what is it that you're trying to accomplish here, I wish you luck in your effort. But you'll need an infinite amount of it and that's something I don't think you'll get coz not all SRK fans are as generous as I am.. ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment