Friday, July 24, 2009

colin..colin

Is it just me, or did the women calling his name at the end say it in such an annoying voice? Gah!

He looks just like a professor of English, or of History. Tell you what, if someone as gorgeous and charming as Colin Firth were teaching in my univ at the time when I was a UG, I'd change course (I did enginering). I think only the guys would understand his classes completely while us girls would be having problems and had to go for extra tutorials.. kyaaaa! :P

Actually, there was a lecturer like that when I was a UG and good news was he taught our class, yeay. He's probably about 30 years older than I am, but o boy did I have a big crush on him. I had to focus extra hard to understand what he was saying coz I was always sitting in the second row staring wide-eyed at his every facial and body movement. But it's okay if I didn't understand quite a bit coz I could go ask him whateva at the end of class (hehe). To this day I remember his face and voice. I miss the bloke. I wonder if he's still alive. It's been a while.

And what's with choosing THAT particular Valmont picture to give him for signing autograph on?? LOL. These fans are so cheeky. Oh, the woman beside him is his wife, in case anyone's wondering.


At one point, he introduced his wife to the guy asking for his autograph. You know, one cool thing about Colin Firth is what a regular bloke he is in real life, actually. As long as you're not wearing your Darcy-tainted glasses, you'll see that very clearly. And a nice regular bloke at that. Yet, he's managed to hold my fickle-natured self in attention for more than a decade despite seemingly being ordinary.


As he crosses that road, an unnamed tuneless song seems to be playing in my head.. you know, the one that goes like, "I see him coming towards me in the crowded room lalala" ..yep, I totally made that song up. But seriously, I was screaming along with the teenagers in the video and at the end of the clip I had teary eyes. Well, not too teary ...but still a bit too wet for my tough, mature self to bear. He's so so so nice! And he was totally flirting with the girls... in a nice way, of course. So polite and cute! Okay, I'll stop embarrassing myself now and shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment