Sunday, July 19, 2009

Stop the death penalty: Worldwide abolition now (narrated by Colin Firth)

Even though I'm pasting it here, it's a known fact that my country does practice the death penalty and it's also a punishment recognized in my religion for murderers and adulterers. I do acknowledge and agree with one thing said in the video, that the legal process leading to the execution may be flawed and authorities may be executing innocent people.

But what are we to do then? No way anyone can make me agree that child murderers and drug traffickers should be released back to the society after serving their 10-20 years sentence. Many cases exist due to repeat offenders.

Are we supposed to worry about how to answer to the families of the criminals who were executed, instead of worrying how to answer to the families of the victims they killed? And it's the tax payers' money that keeps those prisoners well-fed and educated inside their prisons. Educated! Wtf are we doing sponsoring the education of murderers and drug pushers??

I have conflicting feelings about the death penalty. I think instead of blindly abolishing this method of punishment, we should spend more time and money looking into our respective legal systems. Stop installing corrupt officials to uphold justice... IMO that's a start in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment