Thursday, July 23, 2009

Suddenly, I have a craving for Justin Timberlake

I have always had my eye on only Justin in all the Nsync video clips I've ever watched. The other boys could be backup singers and dancers for all I care. After he went solo, I've sorta abandoned him.. not coz he's no longer as good as I found him before.. just that I was doing my own share of growing up. I was spending less & less time listening to American songs and more & more time watching Brit dramas on telly coz that's the dimension I found myself located in at the time.

But as the years went by, turns out that Justin Timberlake was doing just fine without me... ha! (lol). I love all his later songs that I manage to catch online. In a way, for me at least, he's like Britney Spears in that he's never done a project that I haven't liked yet. He's not very brilliant in interviews though, but comparing all the stars on talk shows to the likes of Colin Firth and Shah Rukh Khan is unfair, I guess. Not everyone has the vocabulary, the articulacy, and the wit those two have. Not to mention the brilliantly controversial one-liners.

Btw, I thought it's awesome that Eminem did a colab with Justin. Eminem with Justin?? Far out, man! Although, if you think about it from the ex-girlfriend angle, it sorta makes sense. Eminem has always had a thing with not having a thing when it comes to Britney, and Justin's always having a thing for Britney that he'll be forever in denial about. So the project is like karma waiting to happen. Oh, and Eminem is also another artiste whose project I just cannot dislike. Whatever he dishes out, no matter if the lyrics are simply incomprehensible to me (and everyone else in my planet, to tell the truth), I'd still be riveted to the material. He is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

When I think about it, people who stay the longest and the most successfully employed in the creative industry always seem to be those who have the "IT" factor. It's either you have "IT" or perish trying to acquire it, really. "IT" seems to describe that inexplicable, indefinable, intangible quality that jumps out at a crowd from a far distance... whether out of a silver screen, a TV monitor or an iPOD... grabs them by the neck and makes them want to 'be' with you all the time. Anyway, I'll stop blathering and paste the clip now (this is Justin's original music video for the song)

No comments:

Post a Comment