Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why didn't I know this??

Source

Shah Rukh Khan airdashed quietly into Mumbai from his vacation in London and even before B-Town got a whiff of his presence, the Bollywood Badshah had taken a flight out to Kuala Lumpur. Why Kuala Lumpur? Because he was the guest of honour at the birthday celebrations of Prime Minister Datukshri Najib Tun Razak of Malaysia on Saturday.

Speaking to BT from Malaysia, SRK said, “The Prime Minister and his wife Datinshri Rosamah were very kind to me when I shot Don here. As a friend, I was invited to spend an evening with them.’’

In 2008, Shah Rukh was conferred the Malaysian title of Datuk — equivalent to a British knighthood. He is the first foreign actor to have been given this honour. This is the first time he is visiting that nation since his ‘Datukship’. “It made me feel special and it also provided me an opportunity to carry on a relationship with a country that is culturally close to ours,’’ said SRK. Apparently, passions ran high at the birthday celebrations and SRK sang a bit of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai “because there are still some great fans of the film who wished this”.

No comments:

Post a Comment