Friday, July 10, 2009

I don't understand why Ryan Phillippe is not in the A-list...

It's the movie that started me on the whole Les Liaisons Dangereuses trip, and set me to ponder upon the lusciousness of Ryan Phillippe's lips and why his ex-wife has turned out to be more popular than he is despite being the less talented of the two...IMHO.

I haven't read the book, obviously. I'm not a good reader, in the sense that 'good'
books... which usually means of the posh literary kind... tend to put me straight to sleep. But I did watch Dangerous Liasons because of it. And I've just finished watching Valmont... were he not played by Colin Firth, I would have regretted spending hours on it. Such a senseless man that Valmont is. I still can't quite figure out whether to empathize with his petty concerns or consign my sympathy (of the way his life is ended) to hell where it undoubtedly belongs. The guy's pretty useless in the end, and he led me to believe he was clever at the start of the movie. Colin Firth played him very well. But then, I have not watched any of his movies where he's made me feel that the character could have been played a little better. He's perfect on screen, and God knows I love his witty interviews.

Anyway, here's the movie. Some parts are missing, drat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment