Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I've just watched Mamma Mia!

And it was a blast! Now this is what watching movies is all about... complete entertainment. None of them sad, depressing movies for me, unless Colin Firth is ensconced somewhere in those sad, depressing scenes, of course. I thoroughly enjoyed myself watching Mamma Mia!, thank you very much.

There was one scene with Colin Firth singing "It's magic~~~" while enthusiastically glomping a Greek god that literally kicked me out my sofa with mirth. One minute I was laughing hysterically at his passionate declaration to give his 'daughter' away at her wedding, and the next minute I was rolling around on the floor. Oh, oh.. and why must Colin Firth be wet in almost all his movies?? Yes, I'm soooo not complaining about this (hehe).

But my favourite Colin Firth moment has to be as he's glancing down when he's being tied during the 'Gimme, gimme, gimme a man' song. Freeze that, and we have all the reason why Mamma Mia! is now my very very precious Colin Firth movie.

I'm still figuring out which two scenes that had Mark Kermode in tears. I couldn't even sincerely feel sad for Sophie or Donna ...or for any of the characters, really. I have this policy of never wasting my sympathy on those who've had a more fulfilling lives than I have, and I think despite having only each other for 20 years without a jaculation to call husband or father, that mother-and-daughter team has done quite alright, don't you think so?

I was not at all bored with the many many songs. Which is my favourite from the ones in the film? Super Trooper lights are gonna find me... la la la la. Man, that song had me on my feet and dancing in my living room. And this is why I should NOT watch a movie with anyone. I'm insane and my 'involvement' in a movie will drive everyone around me bonkers.

Get the video and watch it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment