Saturday, May 23, 2009

Chennai lost!

I knew it. Someone up there doesn't like my betting streak and is out to get me.

Okay, maybe I don't have the makings of a bookie after all. That's a good thing, on top of not being allowed to gamble, coz I won't be able to fritter my fortune away on IPL ..huh.

Now I dunno who to support. I was gearing myself up to cheer for Delhi coz it's my favourite to win the championship.

Errrr... KR is my team but I only predicted it to go up to the semis. KR is at last place this year but I'm not feeling murderous coz their points = 7 were not so far below the next guy (Mumbai = 11), whereas the difference between that next guy compared to the one above him at the time (Rajasthan = 13). If they had finished the match at points = 3, I'd have thrown pointy things at the KR website.

So what is so awesome about the final that even though my two favourites couldn't make it, I'm still blogging about it here?

It's coz the final is between the two underdogs of IPL 2008! Cool, huh?

Both were at 7th (Bangalore) and 8th (Chennai) last year, and now one of them is gonna win the cup! Proves that it pays to stick to your loyalty with your team all the way through. That means, poster and effigy burning activities are not a requirement for the KR supporters come IPL 3, are you guys listening??

Let's just pray that the KR management and team will improve next year and we can be the next underdog at the top of the IPL pile for 2010.

......................

On the SRK front, there's this hue and cry over his inability to perform at the IPL 2 Grand Finale and supposedly it's bad news to us SRK fans.

I dunno about the non-KR supporters SRK-fans, but I think I speak for a lot of us KR-supporter ones that if he were to go and dance at that party, there'll be some violent outrage from our quarter. It'd be like, "Does he want to make our KR more of a laughingstock than it has been??"

He will go and perform at that finale party when we've got to the semis. Better yet when we've got to the final. And not before. Get that?

......................

Some stuff I want to archive:
  • Lalit Modi is as gung-ho and ambitious as ever. Read this as it might well be life-altering for the cricket fans around the world, esp in India where it's been said to be a religion
  • What is the "The Warne" style of captaincy ?
  • This is for the Indian fans who are left wondering whether IPL will become a wandering nomad or stay rooted in India
  • Ha! Before this, a lot of people gave Mr B flak for daring to suggest that the foreign players be increased in IPL. Now the bulbs have lighted in several heads as well. It's true what they say, losers don't get to write history.
  • A prediction came true for Gilchrist: 'We will win by six wickets.'
  • Oy, somebody? Please have some sense and listen to this guy. No more crazy ideas that are not based on solid argument for next year, comprende?

"I think it was going to be tough for me to take the captaincy being an all-rounder -- especially after opening the batting, opening the bowling, and worrying about the fielding. To have the added burden of captaincy as well would have been hard on me. I don't think it would have been fair on me or the team. For Kumble it was a lot easier to lead the team as a bowler. He had an added advantage of being an Indian. He knows most of the players well and that makes his job easier. I think right choice was made. I was totally happy with that," Kallis told iplt20.com in an exclusive interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment