Friday, May 22, 2009

Srk's old interview (scans)

So many!! (source)

I looked up the link in the hope of finding the recent Blender interview. It's an important interview as it's the first full one after KR's performance in IPL 2. I want to read what he has to say about it.

What I found is a treasure trove of old scanned clippings. I've spent hours reading from post to post and I have barely finished page 3. My eyes are tired and I need to go to school to finish my work (that got delayed because I found this link yesterday XD).

Most times I'm amazed that the journalist always set his/her mind this objective before they even set up their tape recorder: I want to piece together the puzzle that is Shah Rukh Khan. I want to ask, when you have pieced him together and he has become a complete picture (at least in your mind), then what? You'd put glue to them, stick them on a cardboard, frame the finished work, hook it up on your wall and admire it for the rest of your life?

The best part about Shah Rukh is that he remains in pieces. He's one thing to his fans, another to his buddies, yet someone else to the press, and himself to his family. What is wrong with being different to different people? We all are like that, except the dull ones. And they're usually the ones who charge out into the world armed with tape recorders, I guess.

I don't watch him in movies and find that we have common grounds. I don't read his interviews and exclaim, "Hey! We're a lot alike!" I don't concentrate on his face during a scene and try to interpret every facial movement. Even though I just woke up from a dream where I took a photograph with him with an autographed card in my arm, I'm not willing to chase him all across Malaysia if he comes here for a shooting in an attempt to turn my dream into a reality.

I think I'm of the 'selfish fan' brigade (or am I the lone member?). I love him purely for myself. I admire him just because he inspires me. I lust after him simply because he has pheromones oozing out of his every pore in romantic scenes and there's always something about the way he looks at his heroines that makes my body all tingly. Mostly because he makes me believe as if his heroine is the most beautiful woman on earth, his admiration for her makes me feel as if she is entirely desirable... which I have no idea says what about my sexuality, but that's the way it is XD.

He is my happy button. Loving Shah Rukh gives me joy, and I happen to think that's a really selfish reason but I'm not at all apologetic about it. Can I just enjoy him while he lasts? Or while I last? God only knows how many days I have left on this earth so if I could experience a high without having to resort to drugs or any illegal substance, I'd take it.

And watching/reading up on/experiencing Shah Rukh Khan gives me a high. Like being on extreme theme park rides gives me a high. Or swimming in the deepest end of the pool despite not knowing how to stay afloat for more than 2 seconds gives me a high.

The interviews you'll read in those pages promise you a glimpse of the man when he was younger. The glimpse may have resulted from pure acting, or it's probably a product of an honest reaction triggered by the questions. I bet if you ask him, he won't be able to differentiate between those two either.

You'll form your own opinion based on what you read. You'll judge him, you'll criticize him, you'll love him even more, you'll find you like him a little less than you did. But I promise you that you will be entertained throughout.

And if there's something I can stick a pin on where SRK is concerned, it's that he's a complete entertainer. To me, and maybe a million others, the description is enough to complete our puzzle and we won't settle for anything less or more than just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment