Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finally, I read it today!

I've tried to avoid the Fake IPL Player blog but alas, my work is so boring (read: I'm a lazyass) + I felt like surfing + I'm craving to know more about IPL + I want to read up on Shah Rukh and IPL (this despite writing so many posts encouraging him to stay in the background and not give any more KR-related interviews) + my curiosity got the better of me (read: I have no will power).

I found myself laughing out loud at some of the stories (I'm treating the blog as a series of fictional account since that's what it claims to be), he/she really has an engaging way of writing. With all the clues he/she's throwing around and the staff has still not managed to figure out who he/she is, they deserve to have this saala roaming around the camp (and other people's camps too).

But after I've finished reading it (I didn't read every word since I don't really get what he/she's talking about, not being able to watch the game), inexplicably I felt sad. IPL player or not, even the saala wants the team to win and the fact that they're losing every match is a nightmare no one seems to know how to wake up from.

Despite my misgivings at commenting on IPL in someone else's blog, I had to write this coz what he (it's always a male) wrote pissed me the hell off:

I feel as if Mr B is turning KR into a giant laboratory where he can experiment with all his favourite theories that had been rejected by Aussie captains before. How many years more does this guy have on his contract? No matter if KR is owned by SRK or anyone else, as long as he’s at the helm, I doubt there’ll be many changes in terms of strategy (or the lack of it) and performance. I feel like signing a petition for him to get sacked and send it to Red Chillies, or something.

Having said that, for a city who doesn’t stand behind its team in good and bad times, you don’t deserve to have any team representing you in the game. I pray along with you that KR moves to another city that’ll show better support in the next IPL.

Anyway, I'm going on holiday tomorrow to leave behind my worries about KR's performance in IPL 2 (okay, that's me being melodramatic. Someone has got this holiday planned for me sometime ago). This despite my panic state everytime I stare at the calendar and is reminded that my 5th semester is ending soon. I've been writing so much in this blog since its conception only a few months ago that were I to print it out, it's probably going to be as thick as a Malaysian PhD dissertation. I wish my thesis were more interesting than Shah Rukh's life, then I won't have this dilema.

Have fun following IPL, no matter which team you support! Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment