Friday, May 15, 2009

Quotes of the day (published on: 28 Jan 2006)

Source
“How do I stay sane? Exactly the way all of you do.There’s enormous responsibility on you to write correct stories, because it has a tremendous impact on people’s lives. My work isn’t so deep, but it’s similar in that I also touch the lives of people, most of whom are strangers. Meeting someone whose life I’ve touched positively makes me feel good, and also humbled, as I’m sure it does with you. But it doesn’t go to my head. I spend too much time interacting with directors who yell at me for not getting a shot right, just like you have editors saying your story wasn’t good enough.”

Source
"I can only tell you my restricted point of view as an actor. But I think what has really changed is today's youth. They look forward to the good things in life, and they're ready to back that up with hard work and relevant education. They have incredible focus and clarity of thought. I'm also all for the fact that there's greater leeway for foreign companies to come here and Indian firms to go abroad. Ultimately, that means a better life for all of us. I think that's great. I'm quite a materialistic yuppie in that sense. Spirituality and philosophy is nice, but not till one turns 50."

Source
"You guys have to do your job, and I have to protect my privacy. If I didn't want something covered, well, I'd just do it in China. But I do think we're going down a road which may end up in a Hollywood-style situation, where people sell exclusive pictures of their weddings or new-borns for fabulous amounts. You want my picture, pay me for it. You know what? The more I think about it, the more I like the idea."

No comments:

Post a Comment