Sunday, May 3, 2009

Which is why I say I'm not worried about Shah Rukh over this whole fans-turn-haters debacle and that he'll be okay

There's a petiton to "STOP HATRED ON SRK" circulating and quite a lot of people have signed it. I've asked for it to be canceled in my comment to the creator but it seems that it was not approved XD". O wells, my comments and blog posts are not popular with reviewers and approvers all over the world, it seems. I wish I had saved that comment so that I can paste it here.

Anyway, I basically wrote that instead of turning the favour back to SRK, the media's just gonna have a field day over it and turn it into a "SRK fans vs Kolkatan cricket fans" circus. We have to remember, at the end of the day, the team will have to come back to the city (if it's still not changed to Ahmedabad or anywhere else, that is) and far from making SRK's life easier, it's just gonna add more friction between the fanbase and the franchise.

But hey, a fan's gotta do what a fan's gotta do, huh? Although I have to say, having disagreed with its conception, I won't sign it, of course. But I wish them luck in their belief that it can help ease Shah Rukh's public life a little in the weeks or months to come before IPL rears its head for the 3rd time.

Source

Shah Rukh Khan’s SMS reply to The Telegraph to a query whether he was planning to sell Kolkata Knight Riders

Nonsense… I have invested so much love into our KKR team that even if I want to… nobody else in the world can afford to match that. It’s amazing and a first for me. People believe that defeat means one should leave the arena. It’s such a wonderful feeling to be a struggler again… hoping to succeed… losing again… and again… feel the hatred… the jibes…. Been a long time since I wanted to beat failure again….

I feel younger, more energetic and so damn hungry now. Contrary to what everyone is saying… More than ever now… I want to own the arena… not run away from it. Inshallah, KKR will come out of this stronger than ever… and I am so proud being a part of this turmoil.

No comments:

Post a Comment