Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm depressed...

I've been reading Fake IPL Player (or FIP)'s blog regularly ever since I read it the first time last week. He always writes every 2 days so I know when to look up for new posts.

I don't mind what he writes. In fact, sometimes his posts give me hope on the future of the team when I thought all hopes are lost. Yeah, I find silver linings everywhere.. hmm. I'm such a positive person.

What depresses me are the comments. Most are anonymous, obviously. I wonder why they don't sign their comments with their Google IDs. There're more than 6000 FIP followers and you're telling me none of the anonymous comments was made by any of them? I wonder if they'd write what they wrote if they'd signed it with their ID. Bloody cowards.

I don't think of FIP as a coward XD. I think of him as a spy. Would a spy reveal his identity before his mission is completed? Of course not. That he's avoided detection for this long and continued to deliver his post after every match... how to say this without earning my fellow SRK-fans' wrath... mmm, it's like admiring an Inland Taipan. You know it's deadly, but oh... look at that lovely colour! You can't help being mesmerized.

I dunno what to believe, or who to believe. But in my humble opinion, if Shah Rukh wants his team to succeed next year, he doesn't just have to change the whole facets of KR, but he also has to change the face of KR. As long as it's Shah Rukh's face that's plastered on any KR-related items, promo, God-knows-what-else ...the ugly memory of IPL 2 will rear its head again in the mind of all cricket fans and followers. Not to mention, this weird almost-destructive frenzy that always grips the Indian media when they're in Shah Rukh's presence (when they interviewed him during the election, they trampled each other to get to him), whether it be virtual or physical.

I love Shah Rukh and I'm his fan, but hey... sports is sports, and if I want to invest this much and more energy in supporting the Knight Riders next year, there's no frigging way I'm going to jump into this much muck with my eyes open. RC Ent had better clean up everything right away if they want to have a chance in hell to make a difference with the team for next year.

Why do I still want to root for KR after this year's debacle? Well, I like what Shah Rukh is trying to achieve with the team (I'm one of those people who bothered to dig out his KR-related interviews) even though he failed spectacularly this year. I want to see whether the things he wants to accomplish are really doable or not.

Anyway, the other choices are those corporate types (...eeek!) and Bollywood babes. As much as I love beautiful women, I don't swing that way coz it's not allowed in my religion... nothing to do with discriminating females in cricket at all, no no. After all, I'm a female too.

Plus, Shah Rukh is a Datuk in my country, a title conferred by my birth state. Supporting a team he co-owns makes perfect patriotic sense. It's almost as if I were cheering for my own state team in the Indian Premiere League. Cool, huh? Now if only the team would start winning, then all will be alright with my world.

Other than that, the only reason why I support underdogs is because when they finally win, I want to be able to say that I've been with them from the beginning... ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment