Wednesday, May 27, 2009

L´Officiel India - November 2004

Source
Aktul Kasbekar, Photographer
"I think he represents the equivalent of the great Indian dream. He is hardworking, focused and intelligent. He came from nowhere, made it big completely on his own merit. He is inspirational. He picks up things very quickly, and is usually two steps ahead of things-wether it is understanding a concept for an endorsement, or imaging. In fact, he always wants to do everything himself, and it would help if he delegated things a bit! Once we were shooting at Mehboob Studios, and an old lady came there with a medical document for her son, who needed surgery for cancer. She clearly couldn´t afford it. Shah Rukh told his secretary (to)take the lady to the hospital and see that all her needs are taken care of. He did it very quietly. I just happened to be within earshot, or I would have no clue. And he does a lot of this. Once at his house, I saw him telling Aryan, his son, to learn to give toy to another child. He told his son, "someone up there will bless you with a lot more if you learn how to give."

Boman Irani, Actor, Photographer"
I met him first in Darjeeling. I had turned in early that night. He had just arrived and knocked at my door to welcome me to the film. I opened the door and was in my infamous pajamas and Parsi sudra. He put up one of his finest performances to make sure he had not noticed my hilarious pajamas. His welcome was warm and so gentlemanly that he chose not to look below my nose. We kept thanking each other for some strange reason. He may have (thanked me) for entertainment and I for his straight-faced performance. I was on the floor when he left and I am sure he was too."

Cory Walia, Make-Up Artist"
He is a communicator. He gets through to people. He makes an effort with everyone, from the common manto the people of his social class. he gets along with just about anyone. This is ShahRukh Khan´s trily outstanding quality."

Deepa Gahlot, Film Critic"
His most remarkable quality is his extraordinary charisma and star power, which draws the audience even into films that are not great. Apart from the star quality, he has tremendous energy, an endearing eagerness to please and undisputed professionalism that makes him a favourite with this directors."

Ehsan Noorani, Music Composer"
He is the King! He is today what Amitabh Bachchan used to be. Not only he is a great actor, but he also draws in the fans as well. He has a great fan base-from children to much older people. He is a phenomen."

Farooq Sheikh, TV Anchor
"Extraordinary. He does regular style roles with zeal, commitment and energy. He takes us high on a wave he creates. He is an extraordinary performer."

No comments:

Post a Comment