Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quotes of the day

Source
Q: what’s your view on cosmetic surgery to improve one’s looks?

A: It scares me. Though I know a lot of friends, men as well, who have had to do so. What scares me is the scars, the stories of stuff falling out, bursting, etc… It’s your body and your face, if you feel better changing it then why not? IM not against plastic surgery, but for me physical looks are not important.


Source
You’ve never complained about the price of stardom anyway.

No, I never have. I’m grateful that I’ve been blessed by God with stardom. The love and appreciation I receive from the people I meet is overwhelming and makes up for everything. I don’t think there’s anything wrong if demands are made on my time. If a dying person wants me to sit by his or her bedside, I’ll do so. If someone wants me to go to a hospital and meet some sick people, I feel privileged


Source
You were slated to do Lagaan. What happened?

SRK: Actually, Lagaan started with me. I didn't refuse it - we didn't have the money to make it back then. I took him [Ashutosh Gowarikar] to three producers. I remember when he came to me with that film, I had malaria, so we sat in my house, and the first posters are lying in my computer. At the time we had a different idea: we actually wanted Sachin [Tendulkar], Ajay Jadeja and Kapil Dev to play characters in the film. Then someone made a sports movie, which flopped badly. We used to go to producers and though they would all talk nicely, once Ashutosh left they would refuse the project. Then I took Ashutosh to the US where we met two producers. Even they refused. No one wanted to produce it. Then after six months, Aamir came into the picture.

Did you talk to Aamir about it?

SRK: Aamir came to take the equipment from us and I think he was convinced about the film. I felt the fact that Aamir was doing it was fantastic. I also felt that because Aamir did it, Lagaan is a better film. They had lot more patience, I would have never been able to do it.


Source
"I am wary of ministers, customs people, income-tax people and collectors: I don’t understand them. I can’t cultivate them. Some years ago, the industry was hosting a stage show in Delhi for a charitable cause benefitting the income-tax people. Pahlaj Nihalani almost forced Juhi and me to perform at the show, saying that the income-tax people would raid our houses if we didn’t. We did perform but not so much out of fear as because we thought, it would be a good platform to publicise our Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani which was due for release soon thereafter. Anyway, at the show, on the stage, I revealed exactly how Pahlaj Nihalani had goaded me into performing at the show as otherwise, according to him, the IT people would have raided my house. The top income-tax officials, obviously, couldn’t take it; my frankness annoyed them and they wanted me to publicly apologise for what I had said. I refused. I explained to them later that whether rightly or wrongly, that was the way their names were being misused."

No comments:

Post a Comment