Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hyderabad won the final!!!

Okay, my final prediction came true at least. I dunno why I predicted Hyderabad's gonna win. I just think that Gilchrist's team was gonna come through, and they did!

Anyway, anything that won't make Mallya gloat too much is a plus for me LOL (I'm not so much into the guy for some reason ^^;).

There you go, IPL is finally finished. We didn't get our team to a place where we wanted it to go, but I think it's not just the management and team players who were at fault. The fans were too.

I think icon-worshipping is okay, but really... the fans carried it too far even from before the tournament (remember the burning of Mr B's effigy and SRK's posters?).

I have nothing against Sourav, but to be honest... his fans piss me off (and piss off quite a lot of others too if the discussions in KR website are to be believed).

I know he'd probably make a better captain than Mac and the manner in which he was ousted was terrible, even to a non-cricket savvy fan like me.

But calling yourself a fan and wishing that the team would fail because he's no longer captain? I have never come across this weird sentiment in fans of other teams... or fans of any team in any sports, period.

I understand that they're fans of KR because of Sourav. I'm a fan of KR because of SRK. I get that logic. But I frankly don't understand it when they vehemently screamed for the team to lose while Sourav IS STILL PLAYING! on the side of KR in the XI just coz they didn't get what they wanted (i.e. Sourav re-installed to captaincy). Whaaa...??

I hope those idiots will stand fast by their decisions to abandon the KR ship next year, regardless of whatever fate Sourav will face in the team, and stay firmly away from our team's matches. Their negativity is muchly unneeded in the furiously fast-paced format of Twenty20.

All in all... it's been a good experience following IPL 2. I love the entire IPL sporting environment. For an easily bored person like me, T20 is a nice thing to happen as I only need to follow it for one month.

More than a month, I bet my attention would start straying elsewhere and I'd only be back to following the game once the semis start XD.

So congrats to Hyderabad, and congrats to their fans for having a winning team this year. Hopefully our team gets to meet your team (or any team, really XD) in the final next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment