Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Shah Rukh may watch Bollywood musical in Malaysia

So, you must think... aha! Since she's so crazy about Shah Rukh, she'll be one of the people lining up for his autograph if he gets to come to Malaysia.

Errrr, much as I hate to disappoint you guys (it's always males who think like this. They spearhead the 'stereotype thinking' movement), I'm not a groupie type. I dunno why, but I like my idols in a place where I can't see them, hear them, or touch them in real life. They can be in my neighbourhood and I probably wouldn't open the door and go out to meet them. I might peek out of my window to observe the commotion though.

Also, what's the point of going there to meet him anyway? I can't shake hands with him, I can't hug him, much less kiss him (no, not even on the cheeks). And I don't like this idea of being greeted by his 'public face' when I've always felt as if he's one of my own whenever I read or write about him. Yeah, yeah... I'm weird. Very, very dull and uninteresting, as I wrote in my profile. But I'm happy for all the SRK fans who'll get to go and see him if he were to accept the invitation.

Full article: Source
Kuala Lumpur (IANS): Leading Indian choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant's semi-autobiographical musical "The Merchants of Bollywood" is set to be staged here in July and she hopes to get superstar Shah Rukh Khan to attend the gala.

"I am very excited to see it being staged here in Malaysia. Perhaps I can try pulling Shah Rukh from his busy schedule to come and see the show in Kuala Lumpur," said Vaibhavi, who is here to promote the musical, The Star newspaper said Tuesday.

Highly popular in Malaysia, Khan was made a Datuk, a traditional Malaysian knighthood, earlier this year.

Vaibhavi is one of the most sought after choreographers in Bollywood, working with the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh.

The 90-minute musical will feature 48 songs including smash hits from Bollywood movies. The cast of 53 will go through 1,200 costume changes and wear 2,500 pieces of Indian jewellery.

No comments:

Post a Comment