Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Knight Riders' last match

Scorecard

THEY WON AGAIN!!!

Why now? Why not last week?? Heck, why not after the 6th match? That would have been the perfect timing for a straight win like this. I know I should just be thankful to God for the win, but what can I do? My heart is not logical.

It's a mixed feeling. I'm ecstatic. I've been screaming the house down in happiness. But at the same time I feel cheated. I feel like kicking the wall or smashing some crockery on someone's head... preferably Mr B's, with some target practice on a number of his useless butt kissers (read: assistants), but they're thousands of miles away from me right now.

Next time, if a coach or a captain were to raise a hare brain idea like multiple captaincy or changing captain at the last minute, I'd like to see the owners shredding that worthless proposal to smithereens or at the very least, no comment from Shah Rukh in support of the issue ...or I'd smash some crockery on HIS head. Errrr... I'm sorry Datuk, no disrespect intended. It's a 'heat of the moment' thing.

It feels weird to want to smash some crockery on Shah Rukh's head, when mostly it's for making himself the target of so much frustration and hatred by so many unreasonable people. If I read one more comment on how he's responsible for KR's dismal show now that the game is over for them, I think I'd punch my monitor XD.

To me and thousands (millions?) of other fans, what Mr B did has disturbed the balance of the team. This is what could have been had it not been for his untimely interruption ...maybe, I dunno. I'm happy, but I'm angry as well. If a team can still make you feel like this after losing so many games, then by God... it's a good team.

You guys had better get to the semis next year, or else...!!!

I'm also feeling sad because there's no more match to follow after this. I think I can safely say also that this blog will be a bit neglected from now on (to be updated weekly, most probably) coz:

  • Tonight is the last match for KR
  • Shah Rukh is MIA due to his many shooting schedules (don't disturb him, you gossip-mongering journalists! I want his films to be released on time so I don't mind not having his mug plastered on the front pages every 2 days)
Even if we have news streaming in, they won't have the urgency of when KR is still playing in IPL. It's been great following the team, albeit from a distance. I want to get cracking on learning the game from some crazy Malaysian cricket fans right away. Hopefully we get to watch it on ASTRO next year. Come on Mr Murdoch, we're all counting on you~

1 comment:

  1. Yes! all the team members have given their 100% on the field and that reflect on the result. I hope that they will start the next season with the same attitude.

    ReplyDelete