Monday, April 27, 2009

Deja Vu

"Perhaps, SRK would have been better off to support continuity rather than get mixed up in matters that are alien to him. After all, we are talking about serious, competitive cricket and not some movie shoot." (source)

This is so very similar to what they told him when he delivered PBDHH, the first movie he produced: You're an actor, don't get mixed up with production business since you know nothing about it.

Shah Rukh said he's motivated, not by success, but by failure. I want him to remember that, especially tonight after yet another KKR defeat, this time at the hand of Mumbai Indians (they
won by 92 runs). Scorecard can be referred here.

After some thought, I've made up my mind that the match is just a game. Like life is just a game. If life is not going the way I want, I can't commit suicide. The same goes with the match. Just because they're currently on a losing streak, doesn't mean they can give up for the rest of the tournament. After this match, they'll be facing another match, and another, and another... until the round is finished. Next year they'll face another tournament, and the game goes on. As does life.

I've also made up my mind that Shah Rukh will be okay. He was okay all the while I was not around as a fan to support him so what am I worried about? That people will laugh at him when he comes home to India? People have always laughed at others when they're losing, and then come back to lick their asses when they're successful. It's the way of the world. That he's losing fans left and right coz of KKR's unpopular decisions? Fans come and go even without him joining the sports industry. Actually, I left his fandom in 2000 and I came back in 2008, so it's not a big deal for me. And what will my worry benefit him anyway? Nothing. All I can do is wish him all the best, that's it. And that's what I will do...

...as soon as I can get logged into the KKR website. Man, its jammed. I guess everyone's trying to show how important they are by writing "I TOLD YOU SO" messages and unsolicited advices on how to manage a cricket team to Shah Rukh, KKR and the KKR management.

No comments:

Post a Comment