Monday, April 6, 2009

This deserves a new post...

...because I want to write it in capitals and very very big font:

THE SPANKY

KOLKATA KNIGHT

RIDERS

WEBSITE IS UP!

Anyway, this is the answer to my question in my previous post. So, it was down last time due to polishing and upgrading and not the result of hacking as I feared (I'm a nihilist, sorry). I'm glad it's working alright now, especially because the new season is starting. Something tells me I'm gonna be learning the rules of cricket and watching a bit of the game to understand what the heck is all the excitement about. I'll probably sign up as a KKR loyal despite being unable to follow the game coz I'm too poor to own cable.


Being an SRK fan surely exposes one to new experiences every 2 seconds XD.

EDIT: I've signed up coz the spankyness of it all is just too much for my heart to take. Just for my involvement with this website, I feel a sorta loyalty that's prompting me to find out at least the basic rule of the sport the team I'm cheering for is playing. I know, I know... you die-hard cricket fans who know all about it can kick me in the arse now for commenting about KKR updates when I know absolutely nothing about cricket XD. But I'm willing to learn! So don't kill me yet~

EDIT 2:

My comment on someone's blog about the whole 'SRK lashed out at Gavaskar' article:
With all due respect to the legendary cricketer, a heavy critic against the coach of a team and that to by someone whose opinion is regarded by many (as you said) as coming from the God himself, has also severely brought down the reputation of the whole team and its owner because a coach's decision is never his alone.

And why such a weighted lashing against Buchanan's proposed game plan? It is only one game plan out of many. I'm not saying it's unfair as nothing is fair in love and war... and sports is a war played out on small battle fields. Emotions run high during matches, or else why do we have death counts after some soccer/etc. games?

All I'm saying is, don't target a celebrity (be it SRK/Preity/Shilpa) over a new tactical idea. It may work, it may not. If it works, it will go down in the rule book as an alternative game plan out of many.

If it doesn't work, the monetary and non-monetary losses will be SRK's and his co-owner in the end, and at least we'll know that multiple-captaincy is a crap idea in IPL so other teams won't have to tread that rocky path in the future.

My attempt at writing rational comments on someone's blog posts that've been inundated by irrational and highly emotional comments from other bloggers have not gone down well in my previous fandoms. And despite that, I seem to have not learnt from my 'mistakes' XD. O well... I do think I have to write my opinion of it. And I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment