Monday, April 6, 2009

O wow...

Reading about Shah Rukh's various ventures always makes me nervous XD. I know it's stupid to worry about someone else's life, which I have absolutely no chance of entering into. I wish I can be more worried about my own life, but then that would mean turning away from my computer and face the real world and all its real problems.. ha!

It seems the multiple-captaincy plan is back on track... or at least is being tried in their practice sessions to see whether it'll work or not. And apparently the name Kolkata has been dropped too. Dropped from what? From their merchandises? Their uniform? Their team name? What?? The article never did say it clearly. It's odd. I dunno how to read into these happenings and I think I'd better not try. Which is more than I can say about these people who attempted to do just that... not that I'm angry at them or anything.

Informed news or not, they provided SRK-related stories for me, and it is up to me to gobble everything up like a starved fish or remain unaffected. I will start getting affected by any of Shah Rukh's business dealings the day I have a stake in it. Until then, I'll read the news about his business ventures in relative silence. Not even halfway through my reading I realized that all these supposedly concerned people have only been talking about KKR. What about the other teams? What about their strategies? Their team members? Their game plans? I read that Preity is already in South Africa and not much is being written about what she's doing there with her team... altho they do babble about her alleged break-up with Ness Wadia, meh.

Anyway, it's obvious that they're targeting Shah Rukh... as always. But then, what can you talk about India Cements or Deccan Chronicle? Don't know who they are? Here's a list of all the IPL teams and their owners. Be it movies, production projects, endorsements, or sports... Shah Rukh's decisions and actions have always been analysed and psychoanalysed to bits and pieces by 'experts in the fields'. When he doesn't reach the supposed goals, the critics would hack him to death. Come to think about it, even when he's succeeded beyond everyone's expectation, they still hack him to death.

As an SRK fan, I want to hack THEM to death, but I don't want to go to jail. Plus, I'd need money to book that flight to India, which being a poor student from Malaysia I don't have much of... then I'd have to hunt down those critics/tabloid journalists/faceless online reporters... and I've never even killed a full-blooded animal before, let alone a human being, so it'd be tough to come up with a plan to hack someone. That's mostly why I have to give that murderous sentiment a miss.
It does make you wonder what IPL would have been like had SRK not jumped into the fray, huh? None of these additional pressures due to Shah Rukh's weight in the public eye should influence the team's spirit in a negative way. I thought that Datuk Shah Rukh said sports teaches one to lose but not to be losers? The way these people are behaving, what with the burning of John's effigy and all the high-handed comments by fans, sports people and critics alike, I'm beginning to seriously doubt his positive statement. Well, if KKR decided to use the multiple captains approach, they'd better win big in South Africa. It's the only sure way to silence all these complaints and along the way, also start a new trend in the new game format that is Twenty20.

Personally? Well, I like this quote a lot because I think it exudes optimism of professionalism in sports, don't you think so?: "It stems from the fundamental argument that one leader can sometimes generate followers or no followers. We do not want followers. We need players responsible for their own actions and who are proactive. This increases productivity."

All I can say to the KKR team and owners is... Chak De!

No comments:

Post a Comment