Saturday, April 25, 2009

Shah Rukh's blog posts

1st post, 2nd post.

My comment to his first:

Dear Sir,

I knew nothing of cricket and now I'm posting the IPL 2 scoreboards in my blog and tyring to understand how the heck is a points table calculated, all because you came on to the scene. Needless to say, I'm your fan and I support your team because you believe in them, and I believe in you.

A lot of the things you said in your post and interviews are common sense, but somehow they can still make me go, "hey, that's right!" especially about losing and winning, giving something our best shot, living with our decisions, etc. Everytime you say something, I think it's not that I learn new things, but I learn to look at the same old things with new eyes.

From the credentials, I think KKR has a good set of players and has about the same chance as the other team to win the tournament. I know you said last time that if it didn't work for 1 year, you'll leave. But I hope you'd stick with it the way you stick with the movie industry. I think the journey will be immensely beneficial, not just to you, but also to us all.Thank you for being here.

Ami

I didn't comment to the second because I think he was talking to his team members there.

Reading the comments in his posts, I realized how far the internet has come in teaching us how to be rude to perfect strangers. What do we know of Shah Rukh Khan apart from what we watch on screen, the details of his life in his biographies and his thoughts dispersed in interviews? Zilch, nothing, nada. And yet, some people think they have the right to criticize his decisions as if he were their subordinate or a 4-year old young member of their family. But of course, Shah Rukh would say, "It's okay. It's their point of view."

I have this aversion to typos, bad grammar, abbreviations, swear words and bad manners in internet comments. I've had my share of them before in my other blog and it's soured my whole experience of writing there. I'm not a public figure, so I don't have to 'bear with it' like celebrities and politicians, which is one of the many reasons I left that blog. I'm happy that no one has ever commented to my posts here despite it having some on-and-off visitors. I thank you for your restraint.

I was ecstatic not because he has started blogging, but because of the manner in which he's writing his posts. His words are simple, his messages are clear, he's matter-of-fact, he's not a verbose blogger, he writes as is needed and not more, he's not out there to explain the losses nor the wins but only to state his stand, and he's not apologetic. I would hate it if he had whined about the controversial issues surrounding his team. I've never thought of him as whiner, and I'm glad he's proven, at least to me, that he's not by his first post.

Frankly, I don't understand people who are harshly judgmental on decisions made by others concerning their lives, enterprises, fights, etc. Let them do it. And if you don't support them ...leave, switch off, scram. Don't go all over their space with insults and hate-filled complaints, burn their posters and effigies, etc. How childish. That's what I can't stand about sports the most... the extreme childishness of the fans and supporters. Maybe coz they're mostly made up of 8-year olds dressed up in adult bodies.

The episode with Mumbai Indians this Monday is already hurting my stomach. I'm so nervous. I wish I could be at the stadium or at least in front of a TV monitor to watch it. I think the year KKR win the championship, Red Chillies should come out with a DVD of the whole KKR-IPL matches. I bet a lot of us would have liked to own that. I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment