Saturday, April 25, 2009

Kolkatta Knight Riders v Chennai Super Kings abandoned due to rain

For someone who knows nothing about cricket, I think I will always remember IPL 2 as the tournament where the team I support has experienced everything across the board on their very first week: Won, Lost, Tied and N/R. That should be an achievement in itself, yes?

Joke aside, I want them to quickly pick themselves up from their 'languishing' position in this 2nd week. I don't know why I think this, but their match against the Mumbai Indians is their break it or make it stage. I hope the climate agrees with me and postpones its torrential wrath to another day (when KKR is not playing hehe). I shall wait for the result of that match with a lot of anticipation and nervousness.


News update
Cape Town, April 25: Incessant rains made it impossible for the umpires to start with the Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders IPL encounter at the Newlands stadium, Cape Town, as a result, the game had to abandoned with both the teams having to share a point apiece.

The rain god did show mercy for sometime when the weather remained clear for just ten minutes in between. However, the drizzle revived again, making the weather in Cape Town very unpleasant.

Both the teams badly needed a win as each of them has lost two matches out of three. Before coming to this match, by virtue of their one win each, they had two points.

Chennai Super Kings now stand at third position in the points table while Kolkata Knight Riders are languishing at seventh spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment